Saturday, August 25, 2012

Monday, August 5, 2002

Andy pitching at Reedsburg baseball tournament (1st of 4)

Another hot, humid day.  They keep saying a break is coming & I hope they are right when they say it's tomorrow.  Low overnite temps & daytime in the 70's.  I can hardly wait.  The Weather channel tells how many days over 90 for Boston, NYC, Phila, and D.C.  Phila about 32 days & around the same for D.C.  Glad for the AC.  But it doesn't do much for upstairs.  Same in the winter-- I have a cold bedroom.

I meant to send you an article on the Rigas with a Buffalo flavor & I forgot.  Used the wrong envelope.  Will try to remember this time.

The beans didn't work out in the garden.  But the zucchini & cucumbers give up plenty to eat.

Last Sat. was suppose to be cooler so I was up at 6 A.M. & made a cake, a coffee cake, banana bread (to use overripe bananas) & zucchini bread to use extra zucchini.  The early start helped but I was hot by the time I leaned it all up.  Not mad hot, just hot hot!  It tastes good & nice to have on hand.  This week I'll have to replenish my Danish for the freezer & make another zucchini bread.  It's really a recipe I like.

Barb has been sanding the rail on the porch by the little room.  She will paint it & also the roof part which has peeled.  Dale will take a week off in August & he plans to plan the garage door.

James Lynch will have some competition after all.  A woman, Sheila Brooker, will run against him.  Put up by the Dem. party in place of the one who resigned.  I'll vote for her.   We still have to live thru his TV ads.  Lots of people are getting sick of him & his picture is always in the paper.  What an ego!


Tues the 6th

Yesterday I finished work by 10 A.M. & it was till hot & humid so I read a book by Judith McNaught & finished it by 4 pm so I had a really enjoyable day & read a great book.

Yesterday late aft. It cooled off & it was a good sleeping nite.  This A.M. I( dusted my bedroom & cleaned the bathroom.  After cleaning up & phoning in 2 prescriptions I walked to the library, got 2 books & picked up 2 meds.

Buffalo paper reviewed a new book by Diane Mott Davidson.  3 of her books were on the shelf, but not the new one, so I chose Killer Pancake.  The write up said recipes are included in her books so that is a nice extra.  Also got 2 book (last Fri.) by Ralph McInerny who writes Father Dowling & Andrew Broom mysteries.  So I read varied themes & enjoy them all.  I wrote down the names of the Madison author you mentioned & will look & see if I can find her book.


Lynn's folks celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary & all the family was home for it.  Now they are on a trip to Italy & then will take a cruise.


Thurs. the 8th

The past few days have been super days so we can have an oven meal.

I have to say "thank you" to Paul & you ask "Why?"  Yesterday I fixed chop suey for supper & as I was finishing a book & then doing my crossword puzzle, the liquid ran out & the meat started to burn before I smelled it.  I was able to save most of the meat &wondered what liquid to use.  Went looking for beef broth & noticed I had a beefy mushroom soup on the shelf.  And that is why I'm thanking you Paul because in one of your letter you mentioned using that soup.  It sounded good to me so I got some & id did the trick.  My dinner was rescued.  I had never noticed it before on the store shelf.  It is on my shopping list.

Fri A.M.  Ready to eat breakfast but wanted to sign off & send out love to all.

Just wrote checks for the house tax & personal tax & the newspaper.  That's off my mind now.


No comments:

Post a Comment