Thursday, August 30, 2012

Tuesday, August 27, 2002


Today would have been Edna's 86th birthday.

I mentioned to Dale that Andy wanted to be a blond.  Dale said "at least he didn't want to dye it red or blue."  Barb said that Lynn had Scott's hair highlighted & she likes it.  Guess I didn't keep a close eye on my children.  I can't remember you doing anything to your hair, as I don't remember.  Repeating myself.

After lunch I went to CVS for 2 prescriptions, returned 2 library books & cashed a check for next month's expenses.  Nice day for a walk.

Read a new (for me) author.  Hot Six by Janet Evanovich.  It was very different & I don't think I'll read any more of her books.  Also The Nightingale Legacy by Catherine Coulter.  That is more of the style I really like to read.

Bert is cold all the time but can't find a wool sweater.  Barb has some she knit she doesn't wear so she bro't one over to Bert & she paid Barb $25.00 for it.  She'd like Barb to knit her a white wool longer cardigan.  Barb found another bright navy cardigan she gave her.  She said she'd pay for it.

Last Thurs. Kim stopped over for coffee & a chat.  She asked if we'd like to go out for dinner Fri. nite.  I'm always ready to eat out.  We went to Nickel Inn.  I had the fish fry & lemon meringue pie.  Lar had lobster & steak.  We thought of Eddie & his love for lobster.  It is always crowded there & Kim & Larry knew a lot of people.  It is a popular place for Warrenites.  Kim & Barb had the fish fry & Dale had steak.  Lar & Dale also had dessert.

Someone is looking at Carey's house -- they have come down to $135,000 Lar said.  It's been 2 years on the market.  Mr. C told Lar he lost $100,000 on the stock market.  So have a lot of other people.

4 more days of August & I'm glad it's coming to an end.  No more Lynch TV ads!  Really overkill.  Mornings are darker now.  The summer flew by.

The teachers had special sessions Monday & Tuesday & tomorrow the kids go back to school.  At least it isn't hot & humid.

Back to blond hair -- Alex Keeney (Johnson's house) has colored his hair blond.  So has the sister who graduated from high school last June.  Alex starts Beaty now -- 5th grade.

I didn't get any library books today as I'm working on another puzzle with colored flowers so I sit a lot & study the colors & find a few matches.  It will come together in time & a little patience.

When Lar & Kim's friends in Pleasant Township sold their home Lar said to be sure & tell them he doesn't continue to tend their property.  The same when Carey's house sells.  He'd like to give up some of the trimming jobs he has -- the only way it will happen is, if they give up their homes.  Many are widows & they depend on Larry.

Did you notice my poor Mets finally won 2 games last week after losing 12 in a row.  I'm still a Met fan!

You'll have to send me a picture of the boys in their football gear or should I say uniforms.

Fri A.M.

Kim endured the first day with just one problem. An 8th grade girl didn't obey the dress code.  She got thru to the 8th period & Kim sent her to the office.  No other teacher cared to tell her.  That is the problem -- no one cares.  Kim has no gray period -- it's either black or white.  But she cares.  Oh yes she heard a 14 year old fellow, handsome, good student & athlete got a 20 year old gal pregnant this summer.  What was he thinking!  He wasn't.

Gen called.  All seems to be going OK.  She hopes to be able to get a car in the near future.  Poor John. I think they should take "the bull by the horns" & tell her she must see a Dr. & that they think she might have Altszimer's.  (I'll have to learn how to spell that.)  Or find out what the problem is & get medication.  They are afraid of her reaction.

In your letter you mentioned "mulligans" in connection to golf & I never heard that phrase.  Kim clued me in so I learned a new word!  I always thought it was a stew!!

I need to write to Millie, Gen & Darla.

No comments:

Post a Comment