Thursday, August 9, 2012

Monday, June 24, 2002



Barb just left for a bike ride before work.  And it's warm.  The AC was on yesterday but not during the nite.  Will turn it on soon.  Have a load of wash going & Dale's bed has clean sheets.  It is too humid to do a lot -- at least for me!

The strawberries from Hatch Patch are so good.  3.00 a full qt.  They haven't allowed the public to pick yet.  Barb plans to.  I want to make a batch of jam.

Barb had her eyes examined after 4 yrs.  She got 2 pairs of the new prescription & one is bifocal.  When she knits & watches TV she needs the bifocals.  She also has the old pair darkened for sun glasses.

At work Sam B. has a fan & he told Dale "with all your money, you could buy a fan".  Yesterday Dale went out & bo't one.  Paid 30.00 for a standing fan.  Dale doesn't drink, doesn't smoke, doesn't go out so he's saving his money.  Living at home helps.  He is in for a shock when he lives on his own.

Rain & storms have been forecast all week but no rain.  Suppose to rain today & I hope it does.  I hope it's true that cooler air will come in by the end of the week.

Last Sat. Barb & I were on the way to Jamestown at 8:20 A.M>  Why you ask -- to shop at Penney's sale -- Barb for tops she liked & on sale.  Me for underwear.  2 girdles I like and cotton underpants for around the house.  We were home by 11 A.M.

Dale didn't have to work last Sat. but he took the El Camino to work to check it out.  He found he needs something but it didn't register to me.  With that he'll be more satisfied with the muffler as it won't be so noisy.  He said it "drives like a dream".  He's always going to give up one of his cars but he won't.  When he drives the Monte Carlo it's perfect as well as the Blazer in the winter.  (Never can remember the names.) 

Now it's Wed. the 26th & I've been busy cleaning.  Mon. I had my blood test & Tues was the mtg. at church so they were days I didn't work.  Just have to dust downstairs but I'm resting & watching Murder She Wrote.

This week I can watch the Mets every nite, either on ESPN or the Braves channel & Fri. nite on the Mets channel.  Sometimes I wonder why I subject myself to watching the Mets.  But last nite I was happy because they won.  Hope they can win some more games this week.

We haven't had any rain yet but maybe today.  It's been great having the AC.

Barb found another 99 cent 1000 pc. puzzle so I started doing it while watching the game.  It has darker colors so will take awhile.

Got library books again & another author I've never read.  Jayne Ann Krentz & I enjoyed reading "Absolutely Positively".  She as well as Katherine Stone live in the Seattle area & their books reflect the area.  I like that.

I hear thunder so maybe it will rain.  Barb said it would rain today because last night she waxed the van.  She used a product Dale had gotten & said it was so easy to put on, wait 10 min. & then rub it off.  She was very pleased with the results.

Thurs.

We had 1/3" of rain on Wed. & more showers are called for today.  Still warm so I'm having an easy supper.  Chicken cooked on the G. Foreman grill, rice pilaf made in the micro, fruit salad, rolls & raw veggies.  And ice cream bars on a stick & their name won't come to me.  We've not had them before & they were on sale plus a 1.00 off coupon in the Sun. paper.

Doesn't seem possible July 4th is next week.

Last Sun. Kim invited Dave & Lois (their neighbors) for a cook out.  Kim felt sorry for Dave -- he'd been on vacation all week with a long list of things to do from Lois.  Dave has to get meals if he wants a meal.  Lois doesn't cook.  They played Bocce with their new set.  Usually Lois wants to leave as soon as they've eaten but stayed later this time.  Kim said sometimes she doesn't understand why Dave stays around.

Kim see things differently -- during this heat Kim just eats salads but cooks a hot meal for Larry.  She said I spoiled him so she has to continue to spoil him.  That's what I tell Kim, she continues to spoil him.  I just made meals as was the custom for me plus desserts & cookies.  Influenced by my generation

No comments:

Post a Comment