Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sunday, July 21, 2002

Eddie fogs the yard in preparation for Bastille Day

I enjoyed reading about your party.  It was a busy week & few days before the party but I know it is well worth the effort.  Were any of the relatives there -- Mim & Tom & Carolyn & Jim.

I got one of Judith McNaught's books & it was good reading.  At first I couldn't find the "Mc" but asked for help.  I remembered seeing Ed McBain's book but have never read any of them.

Today the Mets can't do anything vs. Cincy.  It is suppose to have reached the 100's.  It has been nice here but it is getting warmer.  Time for the AC I guess.  Dale is sitting in the sun & he has a nice tan on his body.

Kim enjoyed her trip to Fla.  She enjoyed being with the niece & nephew.  They've had nice weather for their weekend trip.  Torey is staying with her friend Nancy & family.  They have Torey's sister.  Kim was upset as they had a new kitten & Torey doesn't like cats.  She said her twin aunts in Fla. have 30 cats & when you go into their new home all you smell is cats.  They have a couple of dogs.  All stray animals.

I'm on the front porch now -- there is a breeze so it's not bad sitting outside.

Jim Lynch is up for reelection for State Representative & for about a week he's had ads on cable TV & they seem to run every 15 min.  He's been good for Warren but this is too much of a good thing.  He doesn't have any opposition.*  To make matters worse the phone rang & Dale answered & it was a message from Jim Lynch!  And his picture is always in the paper.  Enough is enough.  *No Democrats are running.

In July we have had 1/2" of rain.  It is so dry.  Rain is forecast but it never comes.  Rain is suppose to come this week & we hope it it true.  Barb waters the garden so the plants are producing veggies for us.

My mind is a blank -- nothing happening here so that means nothing to write about.

In August Barb & I are going shopping at the Grove City Outlet Mall.  It is big with lots of stores & that means lots of walking.  We went once with Kim but it was new to us -- this time we'll know what to expect & which stores to go to.  Time goes fast at the outlet stores & I get tired.  It will be something different for us.  We plan to go on a Mon., hoping it won't be as crowded as later in the week.

Eddie with Jack, the newest member of the family

Noon time Wed. the 24th.

Finally cool weather & I took advantage & did some baking.

Made zucchini bread (does it have 2 "c"?) & finally found a recipe I like.  Most recipes call for 2 c. sugar -- this one only calls for 1/2 c. sugar, & 1/2 c. B. sugar.  And the 21 plants in the garden are really producing as well as the cucumbers.  Made c. c. cookies, pie crust & brownies.  Like to have pie crust in the freezer in case I want to make a pie.

We had a little rain yesterday & then it cooled off & it is suppose to last a couple of days.

I'm putting together another puzzle.  It keeps me more upbeat than just sitting & I do a lot of that when it's hot & muggy.  I get lazy in humid weather.

Have you noticed some of the Mets are coming alive -- esp. Mo Vaughn.  Fun to watch him run.  They are getting closer to the wild card.  Too bad the Braves can't stop winning.  Will there be a World Series?

Kim talked about making a peach pie.  I'm not sure if I am that fond of peach pie but I'd like to trying making one.  Maybe one for next Thurs.  Have a recipe I'll try.  This week we're having hamburgers & corn on the cob.  Might make a pecan pie -- one of my favorites.  Guess I'll roll out a crust.

Thurs. the 25th.  It's reallyl cool -0- I could have had an oven meal but we're having hamburgers, etc.  Barb got corn to have.  I made a pecan pie.

Kim & Lar had an enjoyable weekend.  They came home Rt. 6 & saw Pa.'s Grand Canyon & thru Coudersport & saw the new bldg. that Riga built & no one uses it.  The homes, etc.  He supported the town so you wonder what the people will do now.  Why do they have to live like kings.  Kim thought the bldg. had gold trim.


No comments:

Post a Comment