Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Sunday, February 15, 2004


First Sun. racing of the year at Daytona & I'm watching it.  Dale is at Sam B's watching it & some other guys.  Randy Swanson picked Dale up.

Looking out the window one sees blue skies & sunshine but it is deceiving as it is cold out. Suppose to be minus degrees tonite.

When I got up this A.M. the question was do I go to church this A.M. or do I stay home.  I went to church & glad I did.  Lois Himes has cancer & is in a wheel chair & she & Junior are in church every Sun. so I said to myself there is no reason for you to stay home.  It was a good service.

Many crashes in the race today & it affects many cars as they take other cars out with them.

We went to Jamestown last Fri.  I found a top I liked & got it.  More expensive but 25% off. We had lunch at the Red Lobster, Barb's favorite.

We also stopped at WalMart as Barb wanted to look at yarn -- she found some.  I got some birthday & get well cards to have on hand.

Viola Seaquist has been in the hospital & now is in a nursing home.  She is 94 years old so it is critical.

This week I have to get a blood test & the 26th I see the Dr.

We didn't get our USA Today on Fri & it wasn't in the mail box on Sat.  No mail on Mon so I doubt we'll ever see it.  It's the puzzle I like but I always check out each section.

Barb & I each got a puzzle at Walmarts & I started mine yesterday.  It's a pretty one with bright colors & it is going together pretty fast.

Tues. the 17th is a busy day in Wi. with all the hype for the Dem. race to become the nominee for pres.  Barb has switched her loyalty to Kerry.  Sounds as if he is the lucky one.  Dean shot himself in the foot.

I've recently discovered the "Viewpoint" section of the Buffalo Sun.  paper.  It has good articles.  Dale likes to read that section as well.

Mon. Feb 16

Yesterday I watched the Daytona race & golf switching between the 2.  John Daly won in golf & we were rooting for him.  Dale Earnhardt Jr. won the Daytona race & we were rooting for him. The Sat. Busch car race was rained out so they finished it this A.M. & Dale Jr. won that race.  Dale is happy the faces are back.  He said he'd never go to Sam's again to watch the race as it was too smoky to suit him. Both Sam & Nancy smoke & I'm not sure about Randy.

I used a new recipe yesterday for potatoes & they were good.  Peel potatoes, dip them in melted butter, then crumbs & bake them in a pan in the oven til done, almost an hr.  They are good & I had oven fried chicken & broc. for veg. with them.  I might have the same menu Wed nite when Lar & Kim come over.  I'm putting "Pammed" foil in the bottom of pan so I don't have to scrub them.  Works for fudge & bar cookies.  Anything to make cooking easier.


Tues aft. 17th

What a wonderful surprise to read about your award from the WLA.  I know you worked hard on the committee you chaired & how nice to receive the award.  I'm very proud of you, Paul. You have made use of your God given abilities.  And the newspaper's article on the library is nice to read.  A feather in your cap to make this come true, under your capable leadership.

Reading your letter, I remember we didn't stay up til you all got home from dates or just "out".  Maybe we should have!

The article you wrote (quoted) about cookbooks & food is interesting.  When I'm just sitting & don't know what to do, I'll get a cookbook & go thru it.  It seems something often takes my eye that I've missed before.  Depends upon my mood, I guess.

Dale is starting to eat earlier so often he eats when it's ready so I don't  have to fix a plate for him. Many times Barb fixes her own mail, esp., if she doesn't want what I've fixed.

Thurs. Dale has to go to Rochester for school, along with Mark Peterson.  He is the son of Mr. P at Beaty, the shop teacher.  Now they can't go the day before but make it a one day trip.  They'll have to leave at 5 A.M. so that will make a long day.  Next week they go for a 2 day trip so they'll have to stay overnite.

I can remember from the "dark days" of high school how the girls always had their eyes on the athletes & wishing they could catch his eye & snag him.  A difficult job.  It was fun to dream!  Now Andy is the athlete taking the girl's eye.

This is Dale's late day -- I made veg. soup to go with deli beef sandwiches.  Not ready made. Tomorrow I'm making strawberry pie for dessert.  Will use frozen berries for the filling that pours over fresh berries.  Think spring!

Benson's grandson is in his first year of college & they are still going to his meets.  He runs & is good oat it.  The granddaughter is a senior & she also runs on her college team.  She goes to Allegheny College & he goes to Lock Haven.

This A.M. I went to get a blood test & the info wasn't there.  Dr. McNett ordered it but since I have a new Dr. I don't' know what happened   I asked, at the time, are you sure it will be there & they said "yes".  They called from the hosp. to the new Dr. but I decided not to wait around.  I see the Dr. next week & will get a sheet from him for the info, that's for sure.

Gen called last nite -- she tired for 3 nites & finally got me*.  She always calls John - "Ed". Ed does this for her, etc.   Millie sold her house so she'll be moving.  I'll have to call for more info.

*It's her dialing -- she misses & gets the wrong number.

Sounds like Ed is growing up.  Would be fun to see him with his friends.

Wed A.M.

Called Millie last nite -- got her new address & she hopes to be living there by the middle of March.  The house is sold but she's waiting for the money & then she'll be sure. She deeded the house to her children & they'll get the money.  Millie said she has enough to go on from pensions & S.S.  She worked at Steiger's 38 yrs & she gets a pension even tho they went out of business.

Barb was all excited last nite with Kerry's headquarters in Middleton.  She kept watching in as she would see JoAnna in the crowd.  More candidates will be left by the highway.

This A.M. I made the strawberry pie & started sweet rolls.  After my time out, I have to dust downstairs, etc.  It's a sunny day making one feel good & ambitious.

Later.  The potatoes went over big tonite.  Lar really liked them & he was the one I wasn't sure of.

Dale & Mark P. decided to take a lunch for tomorrow & Dale said he'd have some of the fruit salad I made for dinner.  But just a little was left so I added an orange & a couple of strawberries to it so there is salad for him.  I'll make a ham sandwich in the A.M.  He has juice & chips ready to go.

Kim didn't have her glasses so Lar read the award article aloud.  Such a nice article. Reading aloud sounded so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment