Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Saturday, January 24, 2004


At the library I got 3 more books.  Started & finished "Paradise County" by Karen Robards & I liked it.  I skim a lot & stayed up til 10:30 to finish it.  Started "Cyanide Wells" by an author new to me, Marcia Muller & it is a good one.  Have another K.R. "The Senator's Wife" to read.  Started another puzzle & didn't get very far.  The books take precedence.

The only baking today was making boxed brownies with a peanut butter candy topping for the bake sale at church.  Haven't sampled them yet -- too warm.

We might not get to Jamestown next Mon. the 26th.  Sleet & ice are forecast for Sun into Mon A.M. Just as well.  Tues is Bob J. birthday & since he & Scott love my Danish, I'll make some for his day.  Tues A.M. is Bible Study at church plus a pot luck lunch.  I hope to go & have to think about what I should bring.

I'm still working on menus so I can have what I need on hand.  I'm getting there "slow but sure".

Thanks for the picture of Andy.  He sure looks good.


I made a soup this week for lunch & it just about burned our mouths.  You know I'm a bland "cooker" & I didn't notice the canned tomatoes I used had hot peppers in them.  I didn't finish my bowl.  Dale did but the next day he didn't want any.  Too hot.  He told me I needed to read the labels better!

When do you think you'll buy a car?  If you don't trade in the van it will be Andy's car.  Right.

Tues the 27th

Will this weather ever end.  I'm getting tired of it.  School was called off today due to bad roads   Dale said the roads were bad this A.M.  It's a good day [for soup] & I'm making veg. soup for supper   (Lost my thought)  Soup day -- this must go with "It's a good..."

Haven't done much today except to read the papers & watch TV. It's that kind of day.  Did finish rolls for Barb to bring to Bob.  There was Bible Study at church this A.M. but I didn't care to go out.  Maybe it was called off.

I watched a lot of CNN news of the events in New Hampshire.  Also on CSpan.  Who are you for among the Dem. "entourage".  I'm sure more will be out before long.  Some never had a chance.

Thurs. the 29th

I was working on my puzzle & decided I should finish my letter.  Lar & Taury just left -- Kim left earlier to go out with the girls.

"All in the Family" is on & it's hard not to watch it.

Dale had to work on another car that hadn't had an oil change, so make sure Andy knows oil needs to be changed to keep it running good.

All in the Family was about Archie & Edith's 25th wedding anniversary -- it was so funny.

Nothing happening here but snow & more snow & cold temps.  We are all well here.

No comments:

Post a Comment