Monday, March 25, 2013

Saturday, February 7, 2004




Here I am starting a letter & I haven't mailed the one I just sealed yet.  Too hard to get to the mailbox.

This A.M. as I was doing breakfast dishes & looking out the window, it was snowing & dark & I thought how much longer can I endure this weather.  Then I got dressed, made my bed, came downstairs & started dinner rolls.  After awhile, so the dough could rise, I made a coffee cake & my dark period was over.  Baking is one thing I love & I was at peace with the snow.  By the way, it's snowing again (2:30 pm)

Last Thurs when Lar & Kim were here they told us on Fri their furnace didn't work -- they had heaters but it was still cold.  Sat. aft. they went to camp where it was warmer & upon entering there was a terrible smell.  Lar had left poison out for squirrels & figured one died. He has a small opening into the attic & when he opened it, 2 squirrels got out & Lar noticed a dead one, which he threw out.  One was in the kitchen & he got that one & one in the guest room & he got that one.  He found where they were coming in & got it fixed so they can't get in now.  Then Larry sprayed something between the smells it was something else.  Kim lighted candles.  So they had an eventful weekend.  The furnace is fixed.

We got a Penney's home sale catalog & Barb likes some sheets that are on sale.  The old fitted sheets are tight for the new mattress.  The sale is on til March sometime so she'll wait awhile to see if there will be a free postage deal.  Had one that expired yesterday & this catalog came today.


Thurs. we went to the library & I got 3 books.  Catherine Coulter "The Nightingale Legacy" & I'm not sure but I might have read it.  M. C. Beaton "Death of a Dentist" set in Scotland & a small town copper.  I enjoy her stories.  Another new author Luanne Rice "The Secret Hour" -- it was so good & she has written several books I'll be looking for.

Miracle the sun is out & there are snow flurries.

Dad & I always ate out Fri. nite & I still find it hard to prepare a Fri. nite meal.  Last nite Dale had froz. pot pie & Barb had a froz. meal  I fixed scrambled eggs for myself.  Time for me to fix a Fri. meal.  We'll see.  We're having chicken spaghetti tonite & pork chops Sun.

Mon A.M.

I'm doing good on my chores -- the washer & dryer are doing the work right now.  Have to do 2 loads of dark clothes as Dale had a work jacket & hooded sweatshirt this week.

A few weeks ago I mentioned a top I got on sale -- a lavendar fleece cardigan.  I wore this past week & it is warm & feels good against the skin.  Barb got a turtleneck fleece on sale -- just over 6.00 with 75% off plus coupons.  If any are left I'd like one since they are warm to wear when the house is harder to heat.  Interruption -- Barb was up at 9 A.M. so I could get in & clean the bathroom.  Most of my regular chores are done, one more load to go.  This is Dale's early week so I get an early start.  It is nice to have it lighter earlier as then I have more ambition to get going.

Our pastor has relatives in Fla. & they are on a 2 week vacation in Fla.  Ray Forstrom preached yesterday & we are using a more difficult liturgy that is hard to sing.  It would work well with a larger church & choir.  Maybe I'll skip church next Sun. as Pastor Beth will still be away.  Depends on my conscience conscious (I was right the first time) CONSCIENCE!

Over the weekend I finished my books & all were good reading.

Tues. evening

Mailed your letter today when we got groceries so it is really late.  No one likes to mail my letters -- guess it is too hard to stop the car & drop it in the slot.  We got groceries in the A.M. today & then went to the Mall.  I got 2 fleece shirts for a little over 12.00  Put the rose colored one on & then I have a lavendar one -- pullover.  I really like them.

I just made a chicken-macaroni casserole tonite.  Tomorrow we'll have a good meal.  Good Lar & Kim come once a week as I try to have a good meal then.  Got my dessert made today.

You've been busy moving things at the library.  Glad it hasn't affected your back.  Do you do stretching exercises?  It helps.  It must be getting close to completion.  What a happy day that will be.

If Ed starts to entertain, you'll have to set up a schedule for the boys.

Yesterday the weather channel said 40 days til spring.  That sounds nice.

Thurs A.M.

Just got the garbage out -- 3 bags & one bag kept slipping off the piled up snow but it finally stayed put.

Am washing my sheets now & plan to wash my bedspread, a job I've been putting off.

Lar & Kim will be coming on Wed nites for the next 4-6 weeks.  They have a soccer league that plays on Thurs. & they needed help so Lar said he would help out.  Kim likes it on Thurs. nites better as then there is only 1 work day left.

I'm thinking of making cookies & will bring some to Sheila & Sue for Valentine's Day.  A sandwich cooky recipe from St. Paul cookbook.  It's Fran Decker's mother's recipe & it's a good one.

We might go to Jamestown tomorrow -- the weather sounds OK.  Dale said the roads are really bad with potholes.

I'm getting tired of politics on TV.  It will be worse as it gets closer to election in the falls.

This is getting to be an epistle & I think I'm at a standstill so love to all.

P.S.  Kim was saying she knew someone laid off from Seneca Eye Surgeons where Barb L. worked.  They changed their bookkeeping so I suppose those in seniority bumped those with less service.  Too bad for Barb.

No comments:

Post a Comment