Saturday, March 9, 2013

Saturday, December 27, 2003


It's a beautiful Sat. aft. with sun shining in on the kitchen table.

This A.M. Barb & I went to the library &^ I got 2 books.  Blind Side by Catherine Coulter & The Forgotten by Faye Kellerman.  Read a few pages from each & think I'll read Blind Side, an FBI thriller first.  Then we went to the Mall& looked around.  Barb got 2 calendars at half price & I got a couple of necessities.


When I got the mail was pleased to see a letter.  I thought you might be too busy to write. An added pleasure.

Mon. we plan to go to Jamestown.  Barb needs some foods from Wegmans she can't find in Warren.  Maybe they will still have some bargains at the Mall.

Watched Pitt get beat by UVA.  Just turned to see Buff. getting beat by New England.  Buff. front line has injuries & they can't protect the QB.  It hasn't been a pretty season for Buff. fans but each home game has been a sellout.

The only thin I've done today is make a coffee cake.  Nice to be lazy.  I should do some ironing but it will still be there next week.

Called Gen last nite as I  haven't heard from her.  She lost my telephone number again.  She did mention Millie had water in her basement & she had Christmas Eve & they always use the basement.  It was something Ed had told Millie years ago to keep an eye on.  Today her grandsons are going to fix it for her.

Ray Forstrum (Youngsville) preached today as our pastor had the flue.  He was called at 7 A.M., so he didn't have much time to get ready.

Betty Casey had a slight stroke & should get out of the hosp. today.  Alice Nasman was back in church today but I didn't get a chance to talk to her.  She had been in the hosp. Janelle Welsh (don't recall her married name) was in church today -- home for a week.  Her daughter died recently.  Janelle asked about Barb.  She is in Calif. since her marriage.

Kim just called to see if we remembered we're invited for dinner at 6.  I won't forget that I don't have to fix a meal today.

I'm watching football.  Dallas vs. New Orleans.  I'm sure you were rooting for Seattle to lose last nite but they turned the tables & won.

Tues. Dec. 30

We had a nice time at Lar & Kim's.  The meal was delicious.  Tender meat, large stuffed potato halves.  I'd like to do that during the holidays to make it easier for me.  Maybe I will next Christmas.

Yesterday we went to Jamestown.  I got some Christmas decorations 1/2 price & that's about all.

We ate lunch at a new Italian place == Barb had lasagna & salad & I had 1/2 meatball sub. Very good but too much food.  I ate my meatballs & part of the rolls -- too much to eat but very tasty.

This aft. we're going grocery shopping.  Also to the bank to cash a check for Jan. expenses; to CVS for medication & to the Mall.  Kim gave me a top & it is too big so I'll exchange it.

New Year's Eve

Didn't know what to make for supper so it turned out to be homemade chicken soup & pumpkin pie.  Both are good.  I had warm pumpkin pie & coffee at 4 pm & soup at 5 pm.  It's a help yourself meal.

I always tho't Lar & Kim were busy New Years Day & when I mentioned it, Kim said no.  So they will be here for dinner.  In Pa. pork & sauerkraut are popular for New Years & we'll have pork loin.  Kim isn't fond of sauerkraut but I have a small can & might have it for any who like it.  I learned to like it while working at Beaty.

Kim & Lar are going to a party at Betsy Singer.  Finally remembered her last name. You might see her picture with 2 others in our paper concerning hospital doings.  She has a part time job at the hospital.

We'll take the tree down sometime on Fri.  I'm ready to have the house back in normal order.

Dale worked 1/2 day today but it was 3:30-4 pm before he got home.  A fellow who used to work at Shults but now has his own shop had gotten a run down van.  Had it towed to Shults & asked Dale to check it.  It didn't run. Dale got it to run & he earned $50.00.  He's not as free in sharing his time & talent after working 8 hrs a day on cars.

Didn't see U of Wis. lose today but did watch part of Ore. vs. Minn.  The ending was exciting when Mn. won in the last seconds.

I doubt if I'll be awake to see the New Year in.  Early to bed, earlyi to rise is for me.

Jan 1.  Happy New Year


I'm watching the Honeymooners & it's a crazy episode.  I laugh so hard I get tears.  They are on a train & handcuffed & try to sleep in a sleeping car.  Suppose to be going to Minneapolis but end up in Va.   One of the funniest ever.

The sun is shining but cold.  I think I'll end this & walk to the 5th Ave. mailbox & get a little fresh air.

It's a lazy day, not rushed like Christmas, so I'm enjoying it.

So far Iowa is running over Fla.  Barb says we have to root for Iowa.

No comments:

Post a Comment