Thursday, March 7, 2013

Saturday, December 20, 2003


It's almost 7 pm our time so Ed's party is still going strong.  Forgot to ask -- any girls in the group.

I'm watching & have been watching football.  Was rooting for Atlanta (underdog) & they beat Tampa Bay by 2 points.  Exciting finish but T. B. couldn't do it.  Now halftime is just about over for Minn. vs. K.C. & Mn is ahead.  Barb said your Green Bay fans wouldn't like this but I want Mn. to win!  At 8:30 New England is at the Jets & it will be cold.

Barb is cleaning out the freezer because it needs organization!  She's the organizer.

Dale got a 900.00 check from work.  Profit sharing & a week's pay + a day for not taking the 3rd week of vacation.

Barb's T.V. wasn't working.  Lar & Dale looked it over & came to the conclusion something was overheating & caused snow.  On Fri. we went to Warren Sears (which has relocated & has a larger store) & she got a Sylvania 19" with a DVD.  Now she will be wanting DVD's. Next time we go to Erie we'll go to Best Buy & check it out.

Millie's Christmas card said she can get her place at the retirement home next April & she will put her house up for sale in Jan.  I think they bot the house in the 50s & should get triple what they paid for it.  It's been kept up in good condition.  But it is small.

Christmas Eve Day.

I backed baked 3 batches of rolls today.  Dale took 42 for their pot luck lunch.  I took 4 rolls plus cookies to Viola Seaquist.  She was napping but Brian Scarpo was there to receive them.

Your pkg. came on Mon. & the gifts are by the tree.  With the decorations, tree, gifts, etc. I know it is Christmas time but it just seems to have come around too fast.

Heard from Carolyn & Jim so I have their new address, & also heard from Mim & Tom.   I haven't hard from 2 families in Auburn.  One is an older couple & they haven't been that well but the other couple re around 20 yrs. younger than I so it makes me wonder what happened.  I usually hear from them early in Dec.  My list grows smaller each year.

Our snow melted with rain & warmer temps.  But we are suppose to get snow tonite & tomorrow.

I made doggy bones for Torey but formed them as bones as I didn't get Kim's bone cutter. Cheese, whole wheat flour, oleo & a little milk & garlic (dogs are suppose to like garlic) & easy to make.  Tonite will tell if he likes them.


Christmas Day evening  Everything is quiet & my work is done.  Each Christmas Kim & Lar are invited to her friend Nancy's Mother for lobster flown in from Maine & she said it's so good.  So next year they plan to order some for our Christmas Eve dinner.  The little ones I get are nothing compared to the real thin.  They come packed in ice overnite & it is just the lobster meat.  You'd just have to heat it up.

We'll see your gift to Kim Sun. nite as we are invited over for dinner.  Lar got a $100.00 gift certificate from the Crary Home & it is from BiLo.  They prepare dinners & they have a Prime Rib dinner with stuffed baked pot., green bean casserole & rolls that Kim will get.  I know when Warren & Anna H. have Thanksgiving for their family they get 2 turkey dinners & those dinners include pumpkin pie & they are very satisfied.  If it is good, I'd like to do that next year -- the prim rib -- as it is a lot to get 2 dinners & a breakfast.  Tonite wasn't bad as I had Uncle Ben's wild rice & it is very good.  Fresh green beans & fruit salad.  Cookies for dessert.

Thank you for all your nice presents.  But you were too generous with a $100.00 gift cert. Barb's writing table is to nice.  Kim & Lar gave me a paper shredder.  I got a cheap one & clogged it up by using too much paper.  Dale couldn't fix it so I'll be more careful with this one.  Dale got me a plastic upright container with 7 drawer -- 3 lge ones & 4 smaller ones. I'll try to fit it in my bedroom to get rid of some of the clutter.  Dale got several Dale Earnhardt books -- 2 I got him , 2 put out by Nascar -- the yearbook &^ another one on D.E. Walden Books had some books of D. E. & I got one that told about his family.  He reads a lot now. 2 nice sweaters & 2 sweat shirts.  One like I gave you for your birthday & the one I gave Andy.  Also gave one to Lar.  They are nice because they are la little dressier if that is the correct word.

Scott gave Barb a Christmas Golfing Santa like JoAnna's & she gave one to Kim.  We all got lots of nice gifts and we thank you for yours.  Kim liked the tablecloth I gave her.  She said we'll see it Sun nite.

All in all it's been a nice Christmas season & now we look to 2004.  Seems like we were just looking forward to 2000.

It was good to talk to you today.  Your family room sounds so nice.  I like the neutral colors.

Pa. finally decided on a budget & the gov will sign it so they schools will be getting money that was due months ago.

I've been listening to C.D. & it's very relaxing.  Barb also got a "snow baby" figurine from Scott & family.

The dishwasher is just about thru & I turn it off & don't do the dry cycle to save on electricity. It's very hot & they dry OK.

Soon bedtime -- did sleep in til 8 A.M.


No comments:

Post a Comment