Saturday, October 30, 2010

Sunday, March 25, 1984

Not much to write about but I'm sure I'll manage with a bit of chatter.  Two lovely days in a row and it is so nice.  We got snow the past week and no one cared to see that now.  Hope it keeps up -- sunshine and blue skies.  Didn't take long to melt the snow.

Larry has a "female" roommate.  A friend of Monty's from Fla. came to Warren and stayed with Monty and his live in girlfriend and the girlfriend didn't want competition around so told Monty to find her another place so Larry has her.  She already found a job at Holiday Inn as a cocktail waitress.  She came to dinner last Thurs. and seems very nice.  Barb, Lar, Dad and I and we had a good meal.  Jennifer had to work.  It is a nice eating place.  Before Barb leaves I hope to go to Bucktail Hotel in Marienville.  Maybe on a Sun.  After we stopped & saw Lar's apt.  Tried the water bed - nice.  Kitchen looks nice.  Next project is the living room - but not til next year.

Dale ordered parts for the Olds and some have come.  Yestereday he drove near Pittsburgh, taking his back bumper to be resilvered but I think they use stainless steel.  Can't recall the correct term.  With the nice weather coming he wants to get the car in superb working order!!!  Last year he had the front bumper fixed in Erie but wasn't that pleased with the work and heard about this place.  Won't get it till the first of May.  He said the bumper should gleam like a mirror.  We'll see.  He drove his truck and had no problems with it.  He is helping Dave with his 'Vette - he burned out something or other.  I'm really clear about things aren't I?

Dad goes to Bradford tomorrow aft. to make some shut in calls and then has a Council mtg. in the p.m.  THey have received a name and all that Dad knows is that it is a pastor in Arizona, whose wife is from Pa. and they would like to come East.  Hope it works out as it gets tiresome for Dad.  I don't mind it that much and after all these years of listening to Dad's sermons I can still say he preaches good sermons with something to them.  Our new pastor isn't much of a preacher.  He needs to use some illustrations to add to his sermons.  I know the people in Bradford appreciate Dad's services.  One young couple has been coming and is thinking of joining.  She is Baptist background and he is from Tabor, Kane.  This a.m. another young couple was in church - they are new in town and she plays the organ and both have nice voices.  They are trying to get a choir for Easter.  Things are slowly coming back to life there.

Mr. Powell was at school last Fri. and was talking to us during our break.  He is losing his hearing and is awfully thin but is cheerful.  He asked me if I was retiring and I said I was planning on it but now was siting to see if that insurance (med.) goes thru and then I'd put off retirement til the end of the year.  He changed his date to Sept. 1 and some others who are retiring are doing teh same so maybe they have hopes that it will go thru.  Would be a big help.  Guess I could take a few more months.

I'm getting used to the Microwave and like it.  Barb and Dale both use it.

Ted Benson just called to check to see if we are going out next Fri evening.  Hollertz can't make it but we will still go.  Can't pass up the getting together.

No comments:

Post a Comment