Thursday, October 7, 2010

Sunday, May 1, 1983

It was so nice to come home and hear that there was a letter from Paul.

I haven't seen anything in the paper concerning your 15th reunion.  I've been looking so I could tell you.  All I know is that they called for your address so I'm sure something will be coming.  Unless they didn't have a good response from those locally but I doubt that as reunions are good here.

Yesterday Sara Lyle and I went on the bus trip to Toronto and we really enjoyed ourselves.  From what we saw of it, T-- is a lovely city.  The Eaton Centre is really large but prices are very high.  We really looked over Simpson's and ate our lunch on the 8th floor in the dining room and that was elegant.  Had to spend our money somehow!  And I hate the down esculators so would always look for the elevators but we couldn't find the way to get to them so I overcame my fear and went down the esculators.  I'm really proud of myself.  Now we will have to go to the Erie Mall so I can prove it to Dad.  Any good excuse to get to go there.

We got the car last Mon. or did I write that but we really like the car, the riding quality, etc.  We have 200 mi. on it already.  Haven't gone far enough to check the gas mileage but it should be good.  Lots of leg room in the front.

I'm sure you are keeping your eye on library director openings and when the right one comes along you will send your resume.  Until then, enjoy yourself but don't forget you have a job to do.  Just a little motherly advice.  Just can't help myself!!  How was the first softball game?

We had a few nice days but it is back to the rainy season.  Things are nice and green but the trees aren't out yet - but the buds are swelling so it won't be too long.  Dad mowed the lawn once and it won't be long before he will have to do it again.  Lar has planted his garden and he is busy with his extra work already.  I love the color of his truck - it is really nice.

Have you seen Barb lately or talked to her.  She is writing with more regularly and we like that, too.

This was Dad's last Sun. preaching in Ludlow and Sheffield and the members really appreciated his services.  They hope to be able to use him again in the future...vacation, etc.  They have some nice people in both churches so a pastor should do well there.

Next Fri. we meet the Benson's from Mt. Jewett and will go out to dinner in Marionville, if that is how you spell it.  We haven't seen them for a few months so we look forward to being together.

Tomorrow nite is Mother-Daughter dessert at church and they expect 175 so it will be a full fellowship hall.  Lauri, the girl who does my hair is going with me.  She is Meth. but her husband is Luth. and the baby is baptized Luth. so she is interested and I hope to keep it going.  She went to church last Sun. and I don't know if she was that impressed.  She isn't used to the liturgy and she didn't think the attendance was that good.  We haven't been to church for some time but when we have been there the attendance wasn't that bad.  Tomorrow nite she should be able to meet more of the people.

Time to give my full attention to the Yankees-Rangers game.

No comments:

Post a Comment