Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sunday, November 27, 1983

This has been a nice Thanksgiving weekend for us.  A good dinner with 20 lb. turkey so there were leftovers.  Fri a.m. I went over town and started shopping for myself.  Got a Pendleton, dark red blazer at Levinsons.  Didn't like the matching skirt and the plaid skirt wasn't in my size.  At Carnahans I saw a Pendleton jumper I really liked but didn't think I should get it as they as expensive clothes.  But I went back and got it.  Same red color as the blazer.  In the aft. I said I'd like to go to Tionesta where they have a Pendleton store to see if I could find a skirt and I did find a plaid one I liked and it is my gift from Dad for Christmas.  Then we went out to eat, went up to our Mall and when we got home I suggested to Barb we walk over town and she agreed as she wanted to get some cards and I needed one as a thank you for Mrs. Crary for the Chrysanthemum plant she gave us for Thanksgiving.  A pretty bronze one.  After we got our cards I suggested to Barb we go to Betty Lee where earlier I had seen a coat I liked and wanted her to see it.  Ended up buying it so I was really good to myself, wouldn't you say.  But at B. L. and Lev. they have a system that what you buy in Nov. can be spread over Jan, Feb. Mar. with no interest on the 3 payments.  So that makes it easier for me.  I figure I might as well get what I want when I'm working and I do that all right.  Fun, fun fun.

Sat. was a beautiful day so in the aft. we went to Jamestown for a couple of things I wanted to get.  Also some groceries.

Today was church in Bradford and the one service.  There were close to 100 in church - it was so nice and such an inspiration.  Just so they keep coming and we hope that those who dropped out temporarily will come back and will be welcomed by those who stuck it out.  It is a lovely church and nice people.  We had our dinner in Bradford.  Lots of hunters in the area due to the first day of hunting tomorrow.  That means no school tomorrow so we will go to Erie as there are things we want to get there and we have to go to Erie at least once during the Christmas season.  A lot of our shopping is completed and we should start wrapping.

No school Dec. 12- first day of doe season - so I hope to have Mel and Levina for dinner.  Will have our tree up by then.

Thurs. nite we go out to eat at the Limberlost with Hollertz, Benson and Schaffer's.  I love to eat there.  Fri. nite is the Christmas dinner for the girls at work and we will have it at The Jefferson Tearoom.  So this is a busy week.

Barb's knitting is beautiful.  Has finished a sweater, a vest and is working on a 2nd sweater.

Renee called on Thanksgiving hoping you'd be home.  She won't be here for the Christmas holidays.  She sends you her greetings.  Said she hasn't heard from you for a year.  Her mother died this past summer and I didn't realize that.  She expects to be home next summer with her husband coming for the weekends.  Better get to your letter writing!!!

How was your Thanksgiving?  We wondered if Carole and family got there because of the bad snowstorm.  We got the round robin and Ford's kids were home for T. as it was Ford and June's 45th anniversary.

Things are fine here.  I even got a start on Christmas cards.

We have a turkey & lamb roast in the freezer for Christmas meals when you're home.

No comments:

Post a Comment