Saturday, October 23, 2010

Sunday, January 29, 1984

It is always a joy to receive your most interesting letters.  Wonder if you are c. c. skiing today.  We're had a melt but now it is snowing.  Last Mon. would have been a good day for skiing but Dad had a mtg.  But they still hope to get out.

I'll be glad to get that list of books I like to read, when it's all compiled.  I've often wondered why lists like that aren't available.  I sometimes stumble onto new authors by just looking & also in the 2 week selections.  I'm' sure glad reading is one of my hobbies as it is so enjoyable.

Back to Bradford this AM & my 3rd annual mtg.  All went well.  It will be some time before they get a pastor as they can't come up to the starting salary schedule.  Dad will continue to be busy but we enjoy the ride, people, etc.

Today we saw a lot of 4 wheel drives & snowmobiles for some sort of get together.  And many ice fishermen at the Dam.  We live in a pretty part of the state.

Talked to Gen this past week & John had the same operation you did in Calif.  Guess it is an inherited thing so it must come from the Luthgrens but I've never heard of it before.

The "herring" article is so interesting.  Fri nite we were to Mel & Levina's for dinner & they enjoyed reading it, too.  Will show it to Warren Hollertz - he loves herring.  Interesting to note Volvo owns the Abba Herring Co.

We got an extra day off last Tues. as it was so icy it would have been dangerous for school buses.  Tues nite we saw a comedy at Players Club.  It was so good & full of laughs.

We need new doors upstairs so this week Dad plans to look into it.  That is a good winter job.  We want some folding doors - little room closet as well as Barb's and Dale's. 

My washing machine sprung a leak but Dale found the trouble & we are awaiting the replacement.  Should be in on Wed.  Had to go to the laundromat yesterday & did 4 loads.  Glad Dale can fix it as I'm not ready to replace it yet.  We get 6.50 for each sick day we don't use & I've accumulated 140 days & I plan to see that money for a washer & dryer replacement.  My washer is 13 yrs old & had given excellent service.

Nothing unusual happening here.

Linda is in the hosp.  Its 7 mo so they could take the baby.  Signe will keep us informed.  Too bad that someone who really wants a child has such a hard time.

No comments:

Post a Comment