Friday, October 8, 2010

Wednesday, May 11, 1983

My bouquet of flowers is still pretty and I just love it and thank you again for it.  Beautiful dark red roses -- buds when they came - and now they are out and so lovely.  Dad gave me Estee Lauder WHITE LINEN parfum and it has such a delicious aroma.  When we were in Toronto someone was giving out sample squirts and I liked it so much so told Dad that was what I wanted and I got it!!  Along with a sample packet they give with lipstick, an atomizer, etc.

Dale surprised us by saying this is his last week at Conewango Motors.  Next Mon. he starts work at Mont. Wards.  Sam Baughman was mechanic there and the service manager left so he was made service mgr. and asked Dale to work and Dale accepted.  I hope it will mean some benefits - hospitalization, etc.  He will get a discount on what he buys.  9 - 5:30 with a half hour for lunch so he will have to carry.  And I was just getting used to not having to wash his work clothes.  Now I'll get the job back.  Guess I can handle that again.

Last Fri. nite we went out to dinner, like I wrote and we have such a good time.  It is a lovely place, everything so nice you can't help but enjoy yourself and the food is delicious.  We plan to get together the end of June and this time we will go to The Castle in Olean.  Fun to have these times to look forward to.  The next time you are home we will plan to go to Marienville and I know you will enjoy the food there.  I wish I knew about it when Edna and Wally were visiting.  We are enjoying our "old age".

Last nite was union mtg. and I was afraid it was going to be a difficult one but the problems didn't come up, or those bringing them up didn't show.  We had election of officers and I'm soon thru.  Just go thru June and I hope it will be a peaceful month.  They are cutting more hours from some school cafeterias but not Beaty.  Our count is up and it helps when we have to prepare meals for Jefferson, Market, and McClintock.  [Elementary schools.]

We celebrated Lar's birthday with a good dinner tonite.  Cornish Rock hens and they came out good and German Choc. cake, complete with candles.  Those were Lar's choices and the cake even had frosting on it and that surprised me but you don't have a birthday every day.  Nice to have 2 close enough so we can help celebrate.  We gave him a battery operated drill.  Some time ago he mentioned he would like one and we got it at a store like Century.

Next Tues. I'm circle leader and then on Thurs we go to see COLE at the Warren Theater - it is suppose to be a good musical.  Bob O'Connor [classmate of mine; he never showed any interest in theater in high school] is in it and he is a good actor.

Mrs. Crary [Lar's employer] took Lar out to lunch today at the Holiday Inn so she is feeling much better.  Now she wants a new car as the T-bird is rusting - the frame is.  It will either be a Buick or a Cadillac.  Lar does the leg work but she makes the final decision, naturally.  Lar opts for the Cadillac as he would like to drive it.

It's Yankee baseball time so I'll close and watch the game more closely.

No comments:

Post a Comment