Monday, July 18, 2011

Saturday, October 29, 1994

Finally a chance to sit down.  I'll tell you what we got for the boys so far.

Andy - raincoat & walkie-talkie toy.

Eddie - Luma sketch in color.  And I thought I'd look for Frontier Building Sets - they are logs to make cabins, etc.  The recent toy catalogue from Penney's shows them.  Barb got him View Master Super Show projector.  Projects on a wall - like a flashlight.  Would Andy like another Geo Safari 20 lesson
expansion pack.  I tho't he might like games to play with his friends but there are so many & don't know which to choose.  Please help me out.  Would you two like a family gift, plus something personal.   Did you ever get a picnic basket?





Dad saw a different Dr. & he increased one of his medications so I hope that helps.  Betty Jean Holder works for this Dr.  Her daughter graduated from college a year ago & is engaged to be married.  The son is a soph. in college.

Last Tues. Dale had another spell at work.  Bumped his head when he passed out.  They called 911.  This time they gave him medication & he has another test next Fri. Nov 4.  Can it be Nov. already?

I've read a couple of books by Robin Cook & enjoy them & I'm reading one by Hilary Norman now.  It is so good.  Glad I like to read.  Barb & I both bot puzzles today.  So when I finish my book I'll put a 1000 pc. puzzle together. . I'll add more later.

This past summer when it was so warm, Kim suggested they get us a ceiling fan for the dining room for Christmas & we agreed that would be a great gift.  Lar would also install it.  We want them to follow thru on that idea.

[Monday - 6 AM]

When I got up I tho't it was 6:50 AM & when I went to get the paper I wondered what happened as it wasn't there.  What happened is I don't think I changed my clock to standard time!  So things are all set for breakfast so your letter will get finished.

Shults, the elder, was bot out by his sons who also own the Jamestown business.  And starting Jan 1 Dale signed up for a retirement plan.  He'll save 40.00 every 2 weeks & they match it.  40K program.  We're happy they introduced that.

We're suppose to have a wet Halloween, altho it isn't raining yet.  Maybe we won't have as many kids out.  Hours are from 6-8 p.m.  Barb got 2 Halloween plastic bags (orange with a face in black) & she filled them with leaves & placed them on each side of the front door.  We still have leaves on the one tree.  Barb & I have raked.  They collected on the opposite side of the st. but not on our side.

Watched the Pittsburgh-Phoenix game last night but didn't see the finish as it ended in a tie.  Pitts didn't play well at all & they lost.

Forgot to ask what the boys would be wearing for Halloween.

T.V. just said Penn State is #one again.  That was a great game on Sat.  Dad says sometimes the excitement of football is too much for him - hard on his nervous system so he has to change the channel.  NASCAR racing affects him the same way.

When Barb was with you she got a sweat shirt at Northern Reflections at the Mall.  It is pink with a duck on it.  She likes it a lot & if you want to suggestion she'd like another one in size Medium.  Not necessarily pink.  Just an idea.

We have Ambulance coverage & just found out that anyone living with us is covered so that will help Dale.  Good we found it out.  Will walk to 5th mailbox to get this mailed.  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment