Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunday,September 4, 1994

We just about have a pkg. ready to send for Andy's birthday.  We found the video you suggested & probably will get the Ducks video for Christmas, unless you come up with another choice.

After church today, I walked over town to get the Buffalo paper & some things at C.V.S.  The weather is just perfect - not too warm so you enjoy a walk & it's clear & crisp with beautiful blue skies. 

Fri. Aug 26th Barb didn't have to work so we went to Jamestown.  I didn't find anything.  But the next day we went to our Mall & Penney's, as they had sent a discount card & I got a blouse, purse & wallet.  I'd also sent an order to Penney's from a sale catalog & I got a dress I really like & it was half price.  Had to shorten it - it's a navy blue, button down the front shirtwaist.  So when the Penney's bill comes it will be higher than usual.

I found an author new to me, Judith McNaught & her books are so good.  Have read Paradise & Perfect.  I'll have to look for her earlier books.  She also has a new one out & I see by today's paper that S. Paretsky has a new one.  I've been going to the library on Tues. & again on Fri. after I get my hair done.   A good way to get out.  Dad decided to go to the bank this past week but he said he wouldn't be able to drive much further.  One time I cashed a check for him on a Fri.  So he's not getting out.  So it's good to have Barb home & I told Dale he has to help out also. 


Pat & Ted Benson stopped by this past week on the way to the Mall so we had a nice visit.  Learned about their youngest daughter's wedding in June; more about the home they will be building & about Pat's knee operation.  So we caught up on the news.   Pat has to have the other knee operated on the end of Sept.  They are waiting for the foundation to be completed then the parts go up.  It is a prefab.  Ted retires next June.  Pat was just 65 & Ted will be 65 in Feb.  A garage has been completed.  They asked us to meet them for lunch but Dad doesn't care to eat out.

Called Edna on her birthday & all is well. 

Had a letter from Gen.  She thinks Ed keeps too busy on carpenter jobs.  Linda took a trip to Morocco where they treked up the mts. with bare necessities.  The 10-day trip ended with a stay in a Madras hotel.

Guess I'll answer Gen's letter.

P.S.  Forgot to mention Bill Blair bot that lot next to Lar & Kim's camp for $80,000.00 & will build next spring.

Another P.S.  Saw Barb L. at K Mart last week.  She was picking up photos & she showed me a couple of pictures of the boys in the tree.  Saw more tree than boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment