Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Saturday, April 1, 1995

Barb will mail a letter I wrote yesterday & I feel like writing again.

The house smells good - Barb made banana muffins with the tiny choc. chips in them - good. She bro't home some over ripe bananas & she didn't use them all so I made banana bread & a coffee cake (not banana).

Yesterday it was a different day - made grilled cheese for lunch & was fixing one for Dale when the mail came & your letter so I started reading your letter until I smelled something burning - one side was black & then we had a burnt smell in the house. Prefer today's smell.

When we were at the Mall yesterday guess what I bot? "Angels in the Outfield" for the darling grandchildren. Don't know when I'll mail it. Grandmothers are allowed to spoil their grandchildren.

Mon nite is LCW & Patty (Welch) Phillip's boss, a lawyer, will speak on wills, etc. I plan to attend. Wed nite, at Lenten Midweek, our circle serves coffee after the service so I'll go. Haven't been going as I hate to always go to church alone. But I don't miss Sun. services.

Atlanta baseball is on T.V. Just finished watching tennis doubles - U.S. beat Italy but they had to work for it. I prefer sports & weather to O.J. and the constant repeats of the trial.

School will have Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun & Mon off for Easter vacation. Kim said she'd like to take us to Erie on that Thurs. Barb has asked to have Thurs. & Fri. off So we'll start making our lists of what we'd like to look for. We never get to Erie like we used to. Kaufman's called about our charge card & they reinstalled it so I can "charge" when we're there. They have nice merchandise. If you don't use it, you lose it!

Did JoAnna have success in looking for spring clothes.

I'd like new bedding for Dale's bed. Noticed in KMart's ad they have some on sale & if they have the one pattern that would look nice in his room, I'd get it. Many are too juvenile or too feminine.

Millie will be 80 on April 17th in case you'd like to send her a card:

M. Guagliardo
70 Plumtree Circle
Spfld. 01118

Now it's Monday. Hooray - will have regular baseball starting Apr 26th.

Walked over town this A.M. & saw Joyce O'Connor & we chatted. Asked about Bob. He is in computer work. His oldest son should have graduated from Hi school last June & he flunked. He has a job as manager of a Pizza Hut so he doesn't need a high school diploma. [son's idea] Crazy kids. Bob never comes to visit Joyce, even tho they come here & they don't remember her birthday, etc. Bev's oldest son & girlfriend are coming over Easter so Joyce can meet her & she is looking forward to that. Fixing up a bedroom - plastering, refinishing woodwork, etc.

Meant to get this off today, Tues, but forgot.

[Enclosures]



No comments:

Post a Comment