Thursday, November 28, 2013

Tuesday, September 13, 2005


This is Dale's Tues. to work til 8 so Barb & I went to Perkins for supper.  Will fix tacos for Dale later.

I'll try to answer some quick questions.  You mentioned greetings from Janet Lavelle.  The other pastor who picnicked with us was Russell & Mildred Lundgren from Titusville.  He was older than Dad & we lost contact with them.  He moved a lot.

I enjoyed reading about JoAnna's aunts and uncles.  I hope her mother is feeling better.

Sun. Gen called.  She asked about the girls & wondered how they are -- are they in school, etc.  I went along with her.  She must be living in the past.  The only girls I can think of is the 4 of us girls growing up.

I should write notes for letters.  I know there is something else I want to write about but it won't come forth.

I got 5 more books & have read 3 of them.  All very good.  Nora Robers Northern Lights set in Alaska.  Sandra Brown's Above & Beyond set in Texas & Shattered Silk by Barbara Michaels set in D.C.  I'm so glad I love to read & enjoyed these books so much.  (Finished the 4th.  New Orleans setting.  5th a repeat I won't read.)

There is another house on 3rd Ave. E up for sale.  The very last house up the st. on our side. Someone is working on the little house across the st.  Barb thinks they are getting ready to paint it.

Fall is budget time at church -- pledges, etc.  In her column in the church's newsletter, our pastor talked about sacrificial giving.  She wrote her husband likes to buy videos & she likes to eat out once in awhile but they don't -- they practice sacrifice giving.  The first yr. they went on a cruise for vacation & this year they planned a trip to Hawaii but cancelled due to the baby.  Now all of a sudden they can't afford a few small pleasures of life.  It left me with a bad feeling.  Their housing expenses, gas allowance, hosp. insurance, plus is given them so if they budgeted they should be able to do a few things.  I don't know how other people felt.  I know when you kids were little we didn't eat out a lot & still gave a good amount to the church.  Just a little gripe & it won't stop me from doing my part.

Wed. the 14th

The Warren radio said the 5th Ave. bridge won't be started until next March.

We're still having perfect weather.  When Dale left yesterday after lunch, he commented when he gets home after 8 pm, it will be dark.  Sure enough it was & I put the back door light on to welcome him home.

I picked 2 red roses yesterday & they are so lovely.  A few more buds on coming along.

Fri. A.M.

Just got back from having my hair done.  Barb didn't sleep much last nite so she went back to bed.  After I finish this letter I plan to think about meal planning.  Have my recipes out & grocery list so we'll see what happens.

Dale likes to watch TV when he eats.  He's like a little kid -- he gets so involved his food gets cold.  And besides, he is a slow eater, compared to the rest of us.

I don't know if you knew Rick Schomer, one of Dale's friends.  He is involved with the Mercy Ship that goes to different poor areas & helps out.  Rick & his wife stopped by work to see Sam & Dale.  Later in the aft. he came here & we had a nice visit.  He builds & his wife is an M.D.  Very nice. They leave Oct. 1 for Guatemala & they have to raise money for them to live while there.  They were on their way to Boston.  They didn't ask me for support just to remember them in my prayers.

It was very nice to talk to Andy last night.  He said he had a nice birthday.  Next one will be yours.  That means fall is here & the holidays are ahead & all that goes with them.  I look forward to it all.

Better get to my menu planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment