Monday, November 4, 2013

Saturday, July 23, 200


How was the bike ride.  Did you have sore butts?

Welcome to the club.  What club?  Why the club that makes parents anxious when their kids aren't home by curfew time!  I went thru that a few times!

When I got my Verizon telephone bill there was a charge of 40.00 for 2 min.  I called to find out & it had something to do with Dale's computer.  Someone got into it, or something.  Dale will pay the 40.00.  But I ended up getting Verizon online.  199.99 for 3 months, then $29.99. Computer comes on faster & one will be able to use the telephone etc. when Dale uses his computer, email, etc.  They will also block 900 numbers.  I don't know if I'm an easy mark but you can opt out of it after 3 months.  Barb is happy to have it.  What's one more bill. Ha!ha!  Dale says he has service thru a local co.  He has an email number but has never used it.  Thurs. nite Lar tried to show him how it works but he didn't succeed.

Bert left today for Atlanta.  She kept wondering why but she really can't be alone.  Barb is only suppose to be there 2-3 hours, 5 days a week.  Barb is kind of glad to have some time off.  She's riding her bike now, & Dale is lying in the sun.  I'm watching Seattle at Cleveland. The Mets aren't on this aft.  Will be on Sun. aft.  Barbs wants to go to Chapman's Dam.

You'll notice from the paper that the new bridge opens Aug 1st.  And work is suppose to start on the Walmart - Lowe's stores in N. Warren.  Some dispute about water run off might stall it.

I think the Chicago White Sox are the best team & could go all the way, even winning the World Series.  Not a good thing from a Nat. leaguer fan!

I've had to change my seat when watching TV, so I can see the print.  When I'm closer I can tell what is going on.  Probably should have my eyes examined again but I see OK otherwise.  It's a little over a year since I had an eye exam.

Millie sent pictures of her 90's birthday.  Allan & Larry have changed so much.  Heavier. Millie wrote Larry is after Debbie to watch her weight, but it's OK for him to have a tummy. Barb said it is nice to see pictures of cousins we never see.  There were pictures of the wives, Linda who looks very good, & Larry & Debbie's 3 children.  I've never met Allan's wife Liane.

USA Today had an interesting article about the rookie QB for Buffalo.  It was very interesting. He was at Jim Kelly's football camp for boys - spent a day there -- & the kids loved him. "Played" football with them & praised the young boy if he caught a pass.   That part was on a Buff. Bills TV program & you could see the adulation on the faces of the boys.  Hope he does as well as the Pittsburgh QB did last year in his rookie year.  It will be fun to see football again.  Shows how fast the time goes.

The Mets were on last nite & in the beginning have signed a 16 year old they expect to be a great player.  He can't start til he's 17.  And they have another future player, a 6'5" pitcher from Venezuela.  Barb said I'll have to take good care of myself so I can see them play. They have an excellent s.s & 3rd base players -- young ones.  So there is hope for the future.


Mon A.M. the 25th

Last Sat. we had another 900 call from Nova Scotia, & it scared me.  Didn't answer.  This A.M. Barb called Verizon about it.  I guess they don't block phone calls, only computer calls. Anyway they call it Modem Hijacking & said they won't pay the bill.  It might be too late to take it out.  If so, it will appear on the Aug. bill.  I have the bill deducted from by bank acct.  I'm glad Barb called as some of this goes over my head.  Now I'll give Dale back his $40.00.

We finally had some rain during the nite, but I slept thru it.  Barb said it filled the plastic water barrel 1/2 full.  We could use more rain.

This will be another A.C. day.  It's not already.  Lot my 3rd load of laundry in the washer. Barb is riding her bike.

Wed. A.M. the 26th

We had a big storm last nite & filled the rain barrel.  I haven't done much this A.M., except clean the bathroom.  We can't go to the Mall this A.M. as we are hemmed in by trucks. The gas co. has started work on replacing the lines, & putting the meter outside.  They had to drill thru the basement wall & it has been noisy.  Now they are out front.

We have "egg on our face" as they started with Cary's house Tues. & had to dig thru where the rhododendrons were planted.  That's why the neighbor has done nothing with it.

We've had 2 small tomatoes from the garden & we should have a good crop if they all ripen. Some big ones.  Barb has given beans to the neighbors (Conaway house) -- can't remember how to spell their names & too lazy to get up.  Also Lar & Kim have received some & we've eaten a lot of them.

I iguess the Mets like "home cooking" because they have a hard time winning on the road.

Dale likes sunflower plants & we planted them from seed.  Now they are 6' high.  There are 5 of them.

Yesterday I watched 3 movies from TCM -- in black & white & enjoyed them.  If you think that's all I did you could be right.  I did change my bed, washed a load & made meals.  And I washed the floor!  Spots came too fast to suit me.

Later.  Barb & Dale aren't too pleased with the new gas meter & will talk to Larry to see how they could cover it.  I think they are thru on our property but the final hook up won't be til next week.

Barb is now on the Internet.  She finally got it all together.

It seems to me, when you lived awhile with Gen & Ed, you stayed out late & Ed went looking after you.  Something your parents never did!

No comments:

Post a Comment