Saturday, June 1, 2013

Monday, August 30, 2004



The first day of school in Warren.  It was very humid this A.M. but is better now that it cooled off.  Can't wear new sweaters yet.

Barb will be picking Scott up -- or he'll come here & she takes him home & helps him with his studies.

Tomorrow she will have to kemo "thing" taken out.  Hope it won't make her sick as they "put her under".

You should have seen the coins Dale has collected.  He sends for the new sets of coins etc. & is getting quite a collection.  One of the girls at work had old coins from her grandfather. Dale got the first look & picked up some coins for $50.00...halves, dimes, & nickels.  He has the Sacajawea coin & the sets of the 5 coins & I forget what you call them. It came to -- proof sets.

Interruption -- The library called & found Barb's book so when she picked it up, I went to the bank &U got my Sept. check cashed.  Now I have the money in envelopes for each need i.e., food, spend, hair, etc.  The heat got to me this A.M. & I wasn't sure if I'd get to cash the check.

Gary Trembley came today & picked up the eating area seats.  As soon as he gets a couple done, he'll bring item over.  Barb already washed the bottom walls.  Dale said he'd give the floor a good cleaning.    It should look nice when they are recovered or reupholstered.

Thurs, Sept. 2

The telephone rang just as I was going to have aft. coffee.  It was Gary Tremblay saying he was ready to bring back the kitchen chairs or seats.  They are beautiful.  In telling them over the phone, I must have told them the wrong materials number as it is a light tan.  But I like it -- it looks and feels so good.  I'm glad I got it done.  It lightens up that corner.  The one color I tho't I chose was a darker tan.

Barb recovered quickly from her one day surgery on Tues.  Today she was back to work for Bert.  Bert's friend from Hawaii comes to visit each year.  And she left some clothes where she stayed.  Now she wants somewhere to store her clothes she left.  And she will pay $2,000.00.  So Barb agreed to do it.  She called Barb & was happy Barb will do this & Barb is thrilled to get the money.  She said she'll treat herself & buy something special.  She'll store them in the attic but first she will have to get rid of clothes she stores up in the attic.

Kim & Lar were here tonite.  Kim seems to be taking going back to school OK.  She wouldn't care to give up her pay check so she'll have to go with the flow.

It's getting close to bedtime & not much has happened around here.  The weather is finally wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment