Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Monday, October 11, 2004


This old lady is tired out after a busy day.  We left for Erie before 9 A.M.  Went to Target first & shopped there.  Next was lunch at the Olive Garden.  I love their soups & I had the soup, salad, & bread sticks.  Didn't appreciate the salad as it comes with dressing.  Barb had the salmon dinner & we waited awhile for hers.  I finished so I added dessert -- lemon cream cake & it was delicious.  Then to the Mall & we found a few gift & I splurged on myself. Went to Burlington Factory & looked at coats.  Couldn't find a long one I liked & Barb saw a shorter length & it looked nice so I got it.  A London Fog in a cranberry color.  The lady said a nice color for you hair.  Then to Penney's but didn't find anything for me.  Then to Kaufman's &  I saw an Alfred Dunner outfit on sale.  They are a dime a dozen but it looks nice on me.  It is a purple/pinkish tweed jacket that buttons to the neck, no collar.  and plain purple pants.   Again they lady said ti will go nice with your white hair!  Found an everyday pair of navy shoes.  Then to Sears.  Barb found a gift for Dale.  I went to the women's dept & found a pink top I liked.  Buy  one, get one free.  Knit with a neck zipper in the back -- the 2nd a bright blue.  So I did pretty well for myself.  And the Penney's order is yet to come. They are waiting for 1 item to come in.  We stopped at the grocery store for a couple of items & then on to Warren, getting home at 4:30 p.m.  Got things out of the car, had a cup of coffee & started washing my Mon. loads.  It's 8:42 & the towels are soon ready to put in the dryer.  And I made hamburgers for Dale & me.  An easy meal.  Barb finished the salmon & broccoli from lunch.  Now I'm watching Braves vs. Houston & won't see the end of the game.  Bedtime will be calling me.

Last Sat Barb & I went to the Farmer's Market & got some apples & real maple syrup.  Made pancakes & Dale likes the syrup a lot.  Might to next Sat. & get a quart -- just got a pint.

Last Fri. we went to our Mall.  Barb decided she got the wrong size blazer & she had taken off the tickets they put on, so she couldn't exchange it.  She bo't 2 more, the deep rose-pink & a med. blue & a blight blue sweater.  She liked the sweater so much, she decided to get a pink one.  But she saw a navy cardigan with a zipper, she liked better & got it.  She bemoaned the fact she didn't buy anything for herself today.  But buying 2 outdoor jackets, 2 blazers & 2 sweaters, what more does she need.  She did get a pair of p.j.'s.

When I got home today I put my purchases on the davenport so Dale could see them. He always asks "What did you buy?"

Thank you for Ed's pictures  They are so nice.  My handsome grandsons.  It's fun to see how they have matured from year to year.

The A.M. after Oct 12

I had trouble getting to sleep last nite & as a result didn't wake up until 6:47 A.M.  Dale had his shower, etc.  I jumped up & got things ready for breakfast & Dale's snack.  And I had to find out the baseball score.  Was I surprised to see Astros 12 - Braves 3.  Was I happy -- I was in 7th heaven as the phrase goes.  Poor Andy, poor Barb -- she didn't want the Texans to win.  You can guess why -- someone's home state!!

I did clean the bathroom this A.M. -- Mon's job usually.

The colors were beautiful on the ride to Erie.  Many deep reds this year.

I'm taking it easy today.

Thurs. the 14th.  Last nite I made a new recipe:  baked ziti.  I tho't I had gotten ziti but couldn't find it, so I used rotini.  It was very good, for a change.  Both Dale & I had leftover ziti for lunch.  He said "that was pretty good."  I'll make it again but I'll make sure I have ziti pasta.

I keep forgetting to call Gen in the evenings.  So I called her Wed. A.M.  The phone rang a long time before she answered.  She said something happened & it was terrible to tell.  Then she told me she was carrying something going down the cellar & she fell & hurt her side.  So she was taking it easy.  I'm wondering if John is beginning to think she shouldn't be alone & maybe thinking of putting her in a home.  She would hate that and she doesn't want anyone in her house to help her.  Something has to happen.  She can't even make herself a cup of coffee.  I have so much to be thankful for.

Barb said Bert really needed someone to be with her at all times.  She is getting very forgetful.  She needs a relative.  Another thing I'm thankful for is that I"m not alone, but have Barb & Dale at home.

Ted & Pat Benson will be coming to lunch next Wed. the 20th.  It will be nice to visit with them.  Mon. & Tues. I'llbe busy making sure things are in order.  I plan on a regular meal with chicken as the meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment