Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Tuesday, September 14, 2004


This is Dale's long day & Barb & I wanted to go to Jamestown.  So I foxed sloppy joe & figured that would be a good lunch for Dale.  You see Wegman's gives a 5% discount to seniors on Tues.  First I wanted to go to Walmart's.  I got a bedskirt for my new bed.  I have a quilt but it doesn't cover so a bed skirt is needed.  Will press it & get it on tomorrow.  I change the position of my bed -- the head is on the wall facing the school. It gives.  It gives more room when entering the room.  I like how it looks.  Then we went to the Mall & I paid my Penney's bill.  We didn't find anything we liked at any of the stores.  We had lunch at Red Lobster.  Then to Home Depot where I got 2 window shades for the 2 narrow windows over the kitchen sink.  A light tan & they look so much better & blend with the wood.   Then to Wegman's & home by 2:45 in time for Barb to take Scott home.

We got a catalog from that Woman's store in the Boston area, whose name I never can remember.  I've been wanting a sweater set but can't find any.  I found one -- a cardigan sweater & a mock neck shell.  Chadwick finally came to me.  Barb saw an outfit she wanted -- print skirt, shell & jacket.  It's pretty but the shell & jacket are on back order.  Th e sweaters & skirt should be here by the 27th.  We got free postage 0 good til Oct 4.  We're hoping to go to Erie one of these weeks.  Maybe I can find something there.

Our pastor & her husband have an exchange student from S. America.  She was in church last Sun. Goes to Sheffield High School   She will have an interesting experience.

I made potato salad & apple pie to go with steak & green beans & Kim won't be here tonite. She has to be a Red Cross teacher as she has to renew every 3 years.  Something to do with Phy Ed.  Lar will be here.

Last nite I made a macaroni casserole for supper.  When I tasted it, it burned my mouth.  I checked the diced tomato can & it was with green chiles & they were HOT.  Even Dale said so.  It was not a large plate of food for me, plus *&ice cold water to help.

When we were at the Lakewood Mall, we visited the Bon Ton Christmas, yes, I said Christmas, store.  We each bought an ornament.  The trees were so beautiful.  One all with pink decorations.

It was nice to wish Andy Happy Birthday last nite.  I didn't think to talk to anyone else, as I was ready for bed & remembered I wanted to call Andy.  He said he was just getting in so I chose a good time.

I wonder how much rain we'll get from Ivan and Jeanne is following.  How much can these flooded areas take.  They have to take the good with the bad if you live in Fla, & area.  I'll take the snow & cold weather any time.



No comments:

Post a Comment