Sunday, June 9, 2013

Sunday, September 26, 2004


Thanks so much for the pictures of Andy.  They are so good -- he has a nice smile.  Comparing with last year's picture you can see changes.  Your son is growing up.

I've been receiving calls & literature for hearing aids but they just go into the "circular" file.  I wonder how they got your name -- I guess you can get all kinds of info thru the computer. The info you sent on the house & families proves that.

Frank, across the st., took down the grape vines & arbor in their backyard & it looks so nice & gives more yard space.  This weekend his "ex" was helping him & today she cleared out the front corner that had grown wild with weeds.  They overplanted when they did that.  I'm sure that didn't help when people came to see the house.  They might have to cut the price again.  Faye is the one holding out.

Thurs. nite when Kim saw the 5 mum plants, she couldn't believe they were 5/10.00.  The Sat. before she got 2/10.00 & they are smaller pots.  It must have been a one-day special. They have a new principal & vice principal at Sheffield & he is not liked.  He closes his office door & does nothing.  The Vice p., a woman, does all the work.  The office sec'y has a sign on her desk M.Y.O.B. to keep her mouth shut.  He lifts weights during gym classes & showers.  A teacher who will retire next June is ready to go to the superintendent & tell him the story.  Last year he was at Warren Hi.  If he stays around, Kim is thinking about an opening at Warren Hi next year, even tho she'd like to stay put.

We enjoyed our dinner at the Fernwood.  Barb & I had the fish fry & the fish is delicious, but I'm sure it can't compare to Wi's fish dinners.  Dale had the steak-shrimp shish kabob & he liked it but it wasn't quite as good as he had before.  Maybe there was a different chef.

Betty Casey & some of her family were with her.  Sandy who is divorced, the younger sister whose name I don't remember & her husband.  Son Joe & 2nd wife.  Joe was married to Laura Hause & had 3 children with her.  They were with them today & the daughter looks just like Laura.  They started dating in 9th grade.  But it didn't last.

For once I have menus planned for the whole week.  Hope I stick to them.  Tues. is Dale's long day & it's also Bible Study at 11:15 A.M. followed by a potluck.  The pastor will be the teacher.  Dale said it would be OK with him.  It's cool enough for soup & that adds to his meal.  And I'll have snacks ready for him.  Even if he is 47, I'm still his mother & he does good things for me & I reciprocate.

The only one who caused my gray hairs was Dale. I'd tell him he couldn't go out on a school nite & he'd disregard it & go out the little bedroom, onto the roof & jump to the ground.  I know a lot of your weekends were spent in N.Y. area but I figured you had common sense & wouldn't overdo it.  Or was I one of those with my head in the sand?  Hoping for the best. After a few struggles -- if that's the right word -- I think you all turned out pretty well. Thanks to JoAnna, I know you did!

Wed. Sept 29.

Mon. when I went for my eye appts. it was cancelled, the Dr. was at a meeting.  The computer said appt. cancelled by the patient & that made me made.  Someone made an error & blamed me.  New appt. Oct 11.   Barb said that's the day we're going to Erie.  I called & said I had an appt. so it will be Oct. 25th.

Dale had a 10 A.M. appt. to have his eyes examined & he needs new lenses.  He doesn't go to the medical Dr.  Barb had an 11:15 appt. at the same place.  The lady asked if she wanted it under Dale's name & his insurance.  Barb said "He's my brother."  Dale can get time off for Dr.'s appt.

You know I would walk over the 5th to mail letters.  They took that mail box away.  I know the post man will pick up letters left by our mailbox so maybe I'll be doing that.  I'll miss walking over there.

I finally got one up on Barb.  She got groceries for me.  Costs $24.11 & I had given her $25.00.  She said I'll give you 89 cents & you'll owe me 1.00.  I didn't agree.  She even accused me of being like Scott in math.  Finally I got thru to her.  I'd give her 11 cents & she'd give me 1.00.

Scott got his grades & they were bad.  He always says he doesn't have any homework when he dos.  When he does homework he rushes thru & doesn't check.  Barb is suppose to help him & she does.  but he is very stubborn & doesn't want her telling him what to do.  Lynn cares but not enough to keep a check on his work.  And she won't tell the teachers he has ADHD or whatever the letters are.

I'm watching the Mets at Atlanta (1 pm game) & the Mets are 3-2 so far!  They did win 1 game so it's 1-1.  It's almost over & then the playoffs & World Series.  I hope St. Louis takes it all. They've been the bst all summer.  Exciting end for the N.L. & wild card.

Fri A.M.  Ready to get my hair done including a trim.  6 weeks since my perm.  Times sure flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment