Thursday, June 20, 2013

Sunday, October 17, 2004


I don't know who told Lar & Kim the food at Holiday Inn was good as 4 of the 5 were disappointed.  Only Lar enjoyed the prime rib.  When the 3 of us went there in Apr. we all enjoyed our meal.  Last nite Barb & Dale had what they had in Apr. & you couldn't recognize that it was the same meal.  Maybe because they also had a wedding reception.  But we enjoyed being together.  Barb wore new new rose jacket & a matching blouse & she looked so nice.  Her hair is starting to grow in & she is more than ready to shed her cap.

I just watched Cleveland beat Cincinnati -- it was an interesting game.

When we went to Erie Barb got 2 posters 2'x3' & she framed them & hung them in her room & they really do look nice.

Now I'm watching Pittsburgh at Dallas.  The Steelers have a rookie Q.B. & he is really good. You'll be hearing about him if he stays healthy.

I got an electric blanket for my birthday & I'm already using it & liking the warmth.

Mon. the 18th

Your letter came this A.M. & no one was home when I read it.  You're right, Paul, I was laughing when I read "Mom, you can stop laughing now" & it made me laugh even harder. So hard tears came to my eyes.  A good laugh is good for the soul, so thanks Paul.    I'm smiling as I write this.  How long will it take Andy to break you down & say yes to a 3rd car? Should I bet on it?

Barb couldn't start the van this A.M. so she walked to Bert's.  Bert let her (Barb) use her car so we were able to get groceries.  I didn't want to break up my day on Tues. as I have to wash the kitchen floor & do other things for Wed.  I've tried to call Warren & Anna but no answer.  I'll try again later tonite.  They could be visiting one of their kids.  Called to see if they could come on Wed.

Ed is too hard on himself.  I like his picture.

Lynn told Barb that she & Scott were shopping & Scott wanted to buy condoms.  Why, he said kids were taking them to school & blowing them up like a balloon.  Poor Lynn & he's not even a teenager.  He doesn't like to study & he just writers answers out of his head to get it over.  He is being tutored for an hour after school Tues. & Thurs.  Other days Barb works with him.  Bad, bad marks.

I'm watching Yankees at Boston.  Millie is rooting for Boston.  I hope Boston can stay ahead.  2-1 Boston at 7 pm, our time.  It's mute as I don't like most of the announcers.  They all talk too much -- a running conversation & half of the time it's not on baseball.

I see Green Bay won over Detroit. And the Steelers won over Dallas.  Finally a good G.B. And Wisc. is doing great in college football.  We watched on Sat.

I'm sure I mentioned Target is coming to Jamestown.  Behind the Mall -- they bot the little golf course.  They also used to have miniature golf there.  Nothing started yet -- sure hope it's true.

Tues. aft the 19th

I stayed up til 10:30 last nite watching the N.Y. vs. Boston game & it was the 13th inning.  I couldn't stay up any longer as this is Dale's early week. The 1st thing this A.M., I turned on the TV to get the scores & was happy to see Boston won.  Because the game was so long, we didn't get to see any of the Astro-Cardinal game & the newspaper said it was a well pitched game for both sides.  Astros won.  I remember their manager as a player -- he was a scrappy player.  I tho't it was ironic that Jeff Kent, former Met, won the game with a homer. He doesn't seem that well liked.

Thurs. the 21st

Happy Day.  Boston really beat the Yanks.  Now I hope they go all the way.

We had a nice visit yesterday when Ted & Pat were here.  I tried to get Warren & Anna but they didn't answer the phone.  I like it best when the 3 families are together.  Have more fun.

The problem with the van was the battery & it was under warranty.

I'm out of some of my meds so I'll ride over with Barb & walk home.  It's misting out -- that will remind me of Seattle weather.  Did we really live in Wn -- it seems so far in the distance now.  She took me home so I didn't walk.

When you get the Warren paper, dated the 20th you'll read about a big drug bust with many Warrenites included.  It was the N.W. part of the state.  The leader was from Franklin but Erie wasn't included this time.  The pictures are on the front page.  About 11 from Warren. This quiet little town!

Lynn got a book for Barb on holistic healing.  Barb has given up sweets & is on a healthy diet.  Lots of fruits & veggies -- not too much meat.  I got a turkey breast for supper tonite. Made apple crisp for dessert.

I look forward to your letters!!!

I like the D.R. chair's material.  Very pretty.


No comments:

Post a Comment