Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Saturday, October 2, 2004



We're getting a little rain & Dale put fertilizer on the lawn.  With all the rain, our lawn stayed pretty nice this summer.

Finished the puzzle, finally.  Started another one.  The card table is getting to be a permanent fixture in the living room.

This A.M. I made apple bread for Dale's A.M. snack & dinner rolls.

During Cot. I'm planning to ask Benson's for lunch.  I'm thinking of the 13th, a Wed.  I have to make the decision & then follow thru.  I'll have chicken, scalloped pot., a jello salad, & pumpkin pie.  I saw a recipe for a different pie using Knox gelatin -- a one crust pie.

I'm starting to make a list for when we go to Erie.  Now that you aren't going to football games, maybe you can think of Christmas ideas -- gift suggestions for Barb, Dale, Lar & Kim to give.  I still plan to give gifts of cash plus a small gift to open.  We'll be starting our shopping soon.

I think I mentioned a recipe from Taste of Home.  A cranberry-pecan pie.  Kim thinks it's a good one. A different combination but should be good.

At church we have a cookie walk & soup & pie luncheon in Dec.  The 4th & I always make 2 pies & a batch of cookies.  One of the members wants to have a smorgasbord.  He's a good cook & it would be fun to go to one again.  I might (if they have it) ask Joyce O'Connor to be my guest.  Maybe I can get the family to go.

Did I write Dale's computer had a virus.  The fellow came over & it took him 2 evenings to fix it, etc.  It cost Dale $100.00  Last nite he was looking at pictures he took 3 yrs. at the Lake. On the TV & he could enlarge the photo & the color was beautiful as well as the scenery.

Sheila & Sue had a billboard put up advertising about their shop -- on the way to Jamestown. Sheila said it's very colorful to catch the eye.  I'll have to look for it the next time we go to Jamestown.  She's been in the business 21 years & Sue 27 yrs.  Sue is Dale's age.

A grade school boy was selling calendars for his school.  Title God's Earth so I don't think it was a public school.  An appointment calendar & I'm sure it goes to a good cause.  They are very nice.  $6.00.  There are Bible verses for each Sun. They are from the King James Version.  I like my New English Bible in modern language.

Sun A.M.  Last nite Barb was having a snack in the kitchen, Dale was upstairs, & I was doing my puzzle.  Then we heard the most piercing noise & we didn't know where it was coming from & it went on & on.  Finally Dale remembered he put a water alarm under the kitchen sink & it goes off if water is leaking.  It wasn't much & Dale had it fixed in no time. But, oh my ears.

We've been watching football.  Buffalo lost & I see Green Bay lost.  Dale's team Pittsburgh won & the Mets ended the season with a win.  I'm not sure whom I'll root for but I like Anaheim for the A.L. U& Minn. 2nd.  I think St. Louis should win for the N.L.  We will see.

Thurs. Oct 7

Our neighbors Dan & Sally Neizmik first had a Kerry-Edwards sign by the rose garden.  A few days later there was a 2nd sign -- Bush-Cheney.  Barb wondered what was going on. Sally & their 2 adult children are for Kerry & Dan is for Bush.  A divided household!  The USA Today -- the 7th -- has a story about another divided family.

Bert's refrigerator gave up the ghost & she had to buy a new one.  Anything new bothers her -- everything in the house can't change.

I'm enjoying the playoffs.  The only announcers I like are Joe Morgan & Jon  - his name won't come.  I use the mute button when they have 3 announcers (ESPN) & they try to outdo each other.

Lar & Kim are fine -- they'll get a new lease car on Sat. the 9th.  Same make -- an 04.  05s are in but the lease would be higher.  This one will cost more than the last one.  This time they're getting it in Jamestown -- usually it's DuBois.  Torey is getting old.  Kim cant walk as fast with him anymore.  Today they could only go as far as Big Joe's on their walk.

I won't see the end of the baseball game tonite.  It's soon bedtime & I'm ready for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment