Saturday, June 22, 2013

Sunday, October 24, 2004


We didn't get your birthday pkg. mailed until Mon. the 25th so I hope it gets there on time.

Some people are so busy criticizing others they forget the Bible says "All have sinned  fall short of the glory of God."  Rom. 3:23 & in the case of the Samaritan woman "If any one of you are without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."  John 8:7.  But too many of the moral righteous forget that.  I have a new Bible the New International Bible & it is the same as you quoted.  I really like this modern version of both the O.T. & N.T.  At least something got you to read some verses in the Bible!

We went to Jamestown & are really into Christmas shopping.  It is fun.

I ordered a sweater set form Chadwick's & the sleeves are way too long & I plan to do what you did.  Wash it & hope the sleeves shrink some.

Patty Welsh Phillips is coming steadily to church with her friend & today he went to communion with her.  I hope it works out.  And John Bjorkquist is in a nursing home now. He has a bad heart & has been in & out of the hospital.  Too much for Phyllis to care for him.

Warren called Thurs. nite -- he had to see the dentist & wanted me to go to lunch with them. I told him I tried to call them & they had been visiting in New England.  He has another appt. for Nov. 10th & they will come for lunch here.  I'll use hte same menu I had for Benson's.  I couldn't go on Fri.  We went to J.town.

Barb has been looking thru all her snapshots & she has some nice ones of hte family & when Andy & Ed were little.  Ones she took.

I was glad Boston won the first game.  I went to bed so didn't see the finish.  Barb did.  And so did Marie Mathis.  She said she watched it in bed as she has a TV in her bedroom.  Good for her.  She was Dad's age, I'm sure.

I've been watching Philly at Cleveland & they are in overtime.  Cleveland has improved a lot this year, but they lost by 3 pts.

The other nite Lar said he watched "Desperate Housewives" & no one else had.  Kim falls asleep & misses it.  I'm in bed at 10 pm & Barb & Dales watches other TV.

Green Bay is winning against Dallas.  I'm sure a lot of hi fiving is going on at your house. Now I know there is they just got another TD by Ahman Green.  41-14.  And it's a home game.

I'm glad for you, that the library got most of the money they hoped fdor.  At lesat when you are busy the time goes faster.  But I guess it is nice to catch your breath now & then.

Wed pm the 27th.

I tried mixing Progresso Veggie soup with bean & macaroni.  Add paprika & it was really good.  Dale liked it.

We're hoping Boston will win tonite -- if not tonite -- another nite.  They won't give up.

I finally finished another puzzle. It is very pretty.



Thurs A.M.  Boston did it & in 4 games.  What a victory.  I felt bad for St. Louis but they couldn't tame the Red Sox.  It must be a real let down for those hitters who couldn't do anything.   I hear the Mets might choose Willie Randolph for their manager.  Wonder how that will work out.  I hope better than for the Orioles manager this past season, & I can't think of his name -- a former Yankee.

Another nice day, the 3rd in a row.  We were able to see the lunar eclipse clearly last nite.

Hope you had a wonderful birthday.

Kim was very quiet tonite.  She left first & Lar walked Torey home.  After she left, Barb asked what was wrong.  Torey has a limp & Kim is concerned.  He is 12 yrs old & shows his age. Kim walks him more than he is able & that upsets. her.

No comments:

Post a Comment