Sunday, February 17, 2013

Tuesday, November 4, 2003

Andy kicks a point after

We've had 2 days with the temp. in eh 70's.  The end of the week won't be as nice.

Today we voted.  And we were disappointed because we didn't do a write in vote successfully.  A good man was running for school director as a write in & we wanted him to get our votes.

I sent a card to Gerald with a memorial check so he should have it by now.

You won't believe this, BUT our Christmas box to you will soon be ready to send.  We'll  mail it in time for JoAnna's birthday.  I got small gifts to open & the main gifts will be a check. For you & JoAnna & Andy & Ed.  You might want to buy something the boys want but also I thought they might like a little cash to spend themselves.

Wed. Nov. 5

The library is having a book & magazine sale so I started looking thru my Taste of Home & Quick Cooking 2000-2001 magazines.  I think they should sell -- people always like recipes, but I'll check first.  I found a few interesting recipes I've missed.

Barb & Dale said I've been making the wrong choc. chip cookies.  Barb said I'm not u sing the recipe when I made your favorite cookie.  I've looked & looked but can't find that recipe. Barb wonders if you have it.  I'm sure it's a recipe I found somewhere.  It had peanuts in it.  I have more problems with favorite recipes -- they seem to disappear.  Most likely I misplace them.  I'm trying a recipe tonite using frozen hash browns with chicken.  I was disappointed in it.

I'm watching a good episode of Perry Mason. (It is a good one.)  So I probably won't get much written.  You can see I wasn't concentrating.

Thurs. the 6th

Benson's called this A.M. & asked if I'd like to go out to lunch.  I said yes.  We went to Perkins & enjoyed a nice visit.  They have large acreage & Ted has been planting many trees.  The latest is pine trees to act as a protection against snow, etc.  Ted even saw a bear.  They see many different animals & Ted can hunt on his property right in his yard.

I guess the teachers are a little disappointed because of those elected to the School Board. 2 from Tiditioute Tidioute. I need to write Tidioute 25 times to remember how to spell it.  Had to check in the telephone directory.  They are sure they will want to rescind all that has happened -- closing Tidioute high school & another school whose name I can't remember. Kim said one man elected has virtually no education & there is a lot of reading material to go through.

Not much to write about & the little I've written contains cross outs & poor sentence structure but at least you'll hear a little news from us.  I see the Dr tomorrow so the next letter will tell about it.  No school Mon next (teachers conferences) so Barb & I plan to go to Jamestown.

No comments:

Post a Comment