Thursday, February 21, 2013

Sunday, November 16


Watching the Bills play football is pure agony.  They can't win.

Dale is on his way to Pittsburgh to go to school tomorrow.  He wasn't very happy to leave as this is the last day of Nascar racing & he hated to miss it.  As soon as I got home from church I started dinner, so he had a meal under his belt.

Barb had an enjoyable time in Erie & got some good bargains on 3 tops & 2 sweaters.  She bo't me a Franklin spelling help for my crossword puzzles, only it won't work.  She was trying to see if Kim or Lynn were going to Erie -- none were.  The Mon. after Thanksgiving there is no school & Bert w ill be in NYC, so I suggested we could return it then & also go to Marshalls which is by Target.  So maybe that would work out.  We wouldn't have to go to the Mall.  Hope it is a nice day to drive.

I finally finished my puzzle I had for the last 2 weeks.  And no missing pieces.

Glad to hear that Ed is doing well in his studies -- with a little improvement he could make the honor roll.  The next letter will tell of Andy's marks.  I can't remember if you had anything to take away when you didn't make the honor roll!!  But you "made it" regardless -- in life that is.


It is exciting when things start to show what the library will be like when it is complete.  I remember how it was with the new church.

We really like our pastor.  Her sermons are well prepared & very interesting.  Usually the Sun. after Christmas has been a united Luth. service at First Luth.  This A.M. the pastor said we would have our own service & that made me very happy.  I don't think our church should ever be closed on a Sun.  Others must believe that as well.

We had quite a snow storm on Thurs (the 13th) but it was gone by Sat.  We didn't shovel but I did sweep off the steps for the mail man.  It was pretty but too soon for me.  Sat the roads were fine for Barb to go to Erie.

Mon. Nov 17

Dale got home about 8:20 p.m.  He said he could have been home earlier but when he should turn off he was in the wrong lane & couldn't get in the right one because of the traffic. So he went 15 mi. before he could turn around.  He said the class was very interesting. They give a test first & one after the class. He didn't know any answers as it was a new subject for him.  Afterwards he got all the correct answers.  You have to get at least 70% to pass the course.  Dale does well on all the tests.

Tues the 18th

Wrote to Millie & Gen.  Forgot to get Thanksgiving cards to send except for Andy & Ed.

Remember I told you Dale got stocks in Northwest Savings   He already got a $30.00 payment in interest.  He said he'll tell them to put the interest back into the stocks.  I should have some.  Lar said he planned to invest but I never asked if he followed thru.  They sold out in short time.

Watching the weather channel & it looks like a storm is coming East next week.  Just in time for Thanksgiving travel.

I'm in my chair watching TV.  I could hear Dale working around in the kitchen.  He gave the sink a good cleaning & cleaned the side of the stove & the front of the dishwasher & trash compactor.  He couldn't stand it any longer-- the smudges, etc.  I don't take it as an insult because I know I don't keep house as well as I used to & it doesn't bother me.  I just say "thank you" & am glad he likes to clean.  How did he get to be such a perfectionist.  Being the youngest he wasn't required to do as much to help as the rest of you.

Thurs.  We had 1 1/2" of rain yesterday & that meant a little water in the basement which Dale took care of.


Re: article in Erie paper.  They plan, as of last nite's news, to keep the branch lib. opened but will lay off help & shortened the hours.  Pa. still doesn't have a budget & the schools have borrowed money to keep the schools opened.  But how long will that happen.  The gov. wants less money for the schools & other things & the legislature won't agree & neither will back down.  And borrowing money costs money & who pays for that because they can't come to terms.  Maybe we need a recall here!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment