Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Saturday, November 29, 2003

Meanwhile, back in Middleton

When I told Barb about your deals with Andy & Ed, I said Paul is bribing the boys to get good marks.  Barb said that's not bribery but an incentive to do better.  I hope it works!

Before I forget Lar & Kim enjoyed their time at the Bed & Breakfast, or whatever it's called. They went the first weekend in Nov -- they wanted to go in Oct when the leaves were turning, but they waited too long to all for reservations.  They enjoyed the visit.  Other rooms were filled.  One man was visiting his daughter, a student at St. Bonaventure.

We  had a nice Thanksgiving -- a good meal.

Fri it rained "cats & dogs".  Got my hair done at 9 a.m. & we waited til 11:30 & went to Holiday Inn for lunch.  Then to Gayle's store where they have a lot of Christmas things. Chuck Johnson & wife own it.  We bo't a couple of things.  Then to Blair's Outlet but we didn't see much we wanted.  Then to the Dr. office to give them my Medicare & Insurance info.  Then to the library where I got 3 books, all just about 200 pages.  2 by Sandra Brown & one by Barbara Paul.  Didn't have too much tie to browse.  We were back by 2 pm.  Barb did a couple of loads of clothes & about 3 we went to the Mall. Barb saw a sweater she tho't I'd like.  It is black with large red & purple-ish poppies.  I like it a lot.  Made by Cathy Daniels.  It has longer stems.  So we had a nice day.

The weather for Mon. is suppose to be snow flurries, but Barb thinks we'll b able to go to Erie.  I have a long list so I hope it will be successful.

This A.M. we woke up to snow -- the heavy kind.  Dale said they lost electricity for about an hour but we didn't.  His Sat. to work in the A.M.

Last Fri I got a pkg in the mail from "country Bumpkins" in Biddeford, Me.  A wooden Santa made by a Connie Verville.  It's different but very nice.  But it is a mystery -- there was no card to say who sent it.  So I don't know who to thank. I remember when I was in Jr. Hi I got a box of Whitman chocolates with no name.  I finally found out who sent it & I didn't even know him & besides he was short!  But I sure enjoyed the candy!

Sun. Nov 30

This aft. Dale put up our prelighted artificial tree.  We still h ad problems as the light in the middle of the tree wouldn't light up.  We tired checking bulbs -- finally Barb used one set of old lights & filled int he area.  It's a narrower one & fits better in our L.R.  It looks very nice, I'm please. . We still have other decorating to do, but that will happen during the week.

We finished the rest of the turkey tonite.  I made a casserole of leftover stuffing, turkey & gravy.  It was good -- Dale had a second helping.  Last night I made a turkey -broccoli quiche, so they didn't mind leftovers.


Mon. Dec 1

Thanks for your call.  I'm sorry I spoiled your surprise -- but when a pkg. comes & you know nothing about it, naturally you open it.   I really like it.

We left for Erie at 8:45 A.M. & arrived at Target at 10 A.M.  Barb returned the Spelling Ace with Thesaurus & got another one & it works.  My crossword puzzle aid.  I got gifts for the Salvation Army name.  We went to Marshall's but we didn't see anything interesting & to a kitchen & other things & I got two frames for the boy's large pictures.  They are nice & sturdy to stand on a table.  Also went to KMart.  Then on to home, stopping at Perkins for lunch in Corry.  Home by 1:45 pm in time for my 2 pm soap.

Then I started a load of wash, made Dale's bed up clean.  2 more loads of wash & I cleaned the bathroom so I got most of my Mon  duties accomplished.  By suppertime, I was tired so I ordered pizza & made a salad.  Dale likes pizza so that's no problem.

Next Sat the 6th we have a cooky walk & soup & pie luncheon at church. I'll make 2 pies for it.  I might make some cookies -- 3 doz.

Tues. the 2nd

We awoke to a snow storm & slippery roads.  First they said school would be delayed til 10 A.M.  Then they called it off because of the snow & bad roads.  Barb & I went to CVS for a prescription for me & then to Quality for groceries.  Barb drove carefully.

Looking thru my "Taste of Home" magazine I saw a recipe for Peanut Butter Choc. Chip Peanut cooky & I tried it today & it's the one Barb & Dale like best.  So I'll have to be careful & not lose this one.

I'll have to start addressing cards for Christmas & I'll have a few notes to write.

Also heard from Gerald -- a thank you card for money for June's memorial.  I dont' know if Darla wrote or Gerald & they said write, but it is no fun writing when you never get an answer, so I gave up writing.

Wed. the 3rd

We had hamburgers & macaroni 'n' cheese for supper.  The Fri. after Thanksgiving Dale & the guys don't leave for lunch.  One of the fellows bro't his G. Foreman grill & they cooked hamb. & Dale said they were so good.  So I cooked our hamb. on our Foreman grill.  This time I got ground meat with 10% fat (usually get 5% fat) & the burgers were very tasty.  Barb & I like mac & cheese but I don't think Dale is so fond it it.  Majority counts.

Got my first Christmas card today from Jim & Diane Seeley.

Barb had to cash a check today & wanted to go to the Mall & I went with her.  Kim said she could use a belt so I found one for her & got myself a pair of black slacks, size 14.  My size 16 were too baggy in the seat.  They were on sale so I might get a navy pair next time we go to the Mall.

Thurs. nite.  After dinner Lar gave Dale a haircut.  Lar walks Torey home so they both get exercise.  We have lites by the TV, on the one buffet in the D.R. & along the window bench. The Santas are under the windows. It all looks nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment