Friday, May 27, 2011

Tuesday, January 26, 1993


I'll start a letter & add to it later on.  I'm watching "As The World Turns".


June has been in the hosp. for over a week.  Bad cold, fever, etc.  Her lungs are clear now, but she hasn't been eating right & they have to build her up.  One of the girls will come home & stay with June when she gets home from the hosp.

Genevieve will also have tests for 5 days in Madison Hosp. to find out what is causing her problems.  Think she is there now, or it could be the 1st week of Feb.


Thanks for the cards & letters & the darling pictures.  They are all so good.


Mr. Curtin (remember him from Jr Hi) is now at Sheffield Hi & each year he takes students on a trip to Europe.  Next year he'll take them to the Scandanavian countries & asked Kim if she'd like to be a chaperone.  It would cost $1800.00 & thinks it would be too expensive.  Lar thinks she should plan on it, and so do we.  Time will tell.


I'm fixing a turkey for our anniv. dinner tonite & Sat. nite all of us are going out to dinner.  Lar & Kim come for dinner Tues. nites.


Lar & Kim will come over here Sun to watch Buffalo beat Dallas, I hope I hope, I hope.  I'll have food to munch on.


Sam, Dale's friend, wanted to buy a  convertible & wanted Dale to buy his black '79 Z28 Camaro for $700.00.  And Dale wanted it & decided to get it.  So Sam got what he wanted & Dale already is working on the Z28, as it needs a few things & Sam doesn't go for that but Dale loves it.  He went to the junk yard & found things he needed for only 10.00.  It will be his winter car & he hopes to sell the present one for $350.00.  He has it in good running order.


I got my 3rd & 4th snow globes & ordered a 5th.  I can't resist them & now I hope to get 8 of them - one for each of my "heirs".  Late in life to start a collection but I guess "better late than never".


Your weekend sounded great.  The surroundings were really perfect.


Taury, Lar's dog, is getting bit & is settling down some.  Kim is working hard to train him to obey.


Dad & I faithfully use the treadmill & really appreciate it.  In the winter it is hard to walk outside & now it's so easy to go to the basement & get our walking in.  So it is getting lots of good use.  No dust will gather on it.



Thanks for the telephone call - it's always good to talk to you.


I'm enclosing some newspaper articles you might be interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment