Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sunday, December 1, 1991

My 3rd letter today.  Had a Thanksgiving card & note from Millie so I wrote to her, & also to Gen.

Larry & Debra's baby son is Jeffrey Chad.  Weighed in  at 9 lbs & 21 1/2 " long.  A big boy.

I have a list to write about so here goes.

1) Janick's is going out of business.  Is having sales & they'll last into the new year.

2) I finished a hard 1000 pc. puzzle, the one with different shades of violet flowers.  It took me awhile but I did it.  Also in the paper different agencies listed needs of some people.  An elderly shut in couple would like puzzles to work so I tho't I called & find out where to bring some 500 pc. puzzles.  Another one would like yard to make mittens.  I don't have much left but found some.

3) The suggestions (Christmas) came too late as I start my shopping as soon as I get my C. Club check.  But I've filed them for the future.   Andy has more gifts than Eddie but Eddie's toy was more expensive but I plan to put more money in his card so I he needs something you can get it, or else bank it.

Our cable charge is going up but to even it off they'll add T.N.T.

I have some of my decorations out & we will put the tree up the end of the week.  Larry put up the lights on the outside shrubs by the D room.  Many outside lights decorations up already.

You should see the house Carters are building - the lot on Verbeck & Conewango by Joyce O'Conner.  Brick & it's going to be beautiful.  Mrs. Carter (nee Blair) died & left her money to her son.  He & his wife are divorced so he moved to the family home & this house is being built for his father - the senior Carter.  This Carter (Louis) quit New Process when he inherited.

We had a nice Thanksgiving & we played Scattergories.

Did I write we washed the kitchen & ceiling walls 2 weeks ago.  Planned to wash the L.R. tomorrow but I'm lazy so we'll do it after the holidays.  Tomorrow I'd like to go to Jamestown if the weather is OK.  This past week the only thing we did was go out to Perkins Sat. nite.  So I'm raring to go somewhere different.

Dale is feeling better but he has really been hurting.  His medication cost $150.00 but insurance covers it.  Lucky for him.  Lots of soreness & itching.

We hope to send the Christmas box by the end of the week.  Wrapped gifts today.

I've covered it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment