Saturday, January 22, 2011

Saturday, November 21, 1987

I'm watching Penn St.-Notre Dame & it's tied.  Cold weather & snow but it's suppose to warm up the 1st of the week.  They poured the cement for the Pa. Ave. bridge & now it's curing for 2 weeks & they're finishing the work around the bridge.  Should be opened by Dec. 7th & that should ease traffic on 3rd Ave.

I meant to cut out an article concerning how to address an env. when the wife keeps her name.  Said the correct way is "Mr & Mrs." so that's the reason for the change.

Congratulations, JoAnna, on your promotion.  W hat does it mean besides an increase in salary?  We're happy for you.


It was good to hear Andy "talk".  I'm sure we'd see a lot of changes in him.  I'm taking Alison home again after I have my hair done.  She has changed so much - loves to come now & we have a good time together.  She will be 2 Dec. 1st.


We'll be 6 for Thanksgiving & will have turkey & trimmings.  We'll eat later in the aft.

Kim was here while Lar shoveled the walks & we had coffee & talk.  She was sick last Mon. & missed work.  Flu is going around.


I wrapped gifts & have my shopping almost completed.  We'll send your box after Thanksgiving & we'll send it to the library.  Ne peeking!

Marie Mathis makes the nicest stockings to hang by the fireplace & I got 3 & they aren't wrapped as you'll want them up (I hope so, Paul!)


I'm making vegetable soup & it smells so good.

Dad doesn't have to preach tomorrow but he has a funeral at 4 pm.  Doris Erickson (Mrs. Creed) died.  She was 86.  They wanted Dad & Gary didn't mind.


Joyce & I are still walking.  Not today but we did yesterday in the snow.

Just the usual happening with us.  Dad has an ear problem & will see the ear Dr. on Wed.  I was to have q check up with Fino last Wed. & it was cancelled.  Now I have one for Jan. 11.  Cancellations happen a lot with Fino.

We all send our greetings & love.

No comments:

Post a Comment