Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thursday, September 17, 1987


Congratulations JoAnna & Paul on Andy.  It was wonderful to hear the good news - can hardly wait to see him & hold him.  A big baby - was the delivery hard?   It is such a thrill to think we have a grandson & I was hoping it would be a boy.  Now the fun begins in the raising of a child.  We know you will do a good job.  After you called I called Rose S. to tell her.  We had circle that nite & we had talked about the coming baby.  We also called Signe.  Wed A.M. I called Gen & Dad called Ruth.  Also called Mel & Levina & Vi Lilja as today Vi leaves for a trip to Sweden & I wanted her to know.  The announcement was in the paper today - we didn't lose any time.  We also called Lar & Kim Tues. nite.


We're having a lot of rain & that hinders the painting for Dad & the walking for me.

Dale wanted Dad to take him to the hardware store during his lunch hour so I went to the Mall & had an hour to myself.  I found a dress on sale at Penney's plus I had a 15% discount special so I did O.K.

Sun. Dad preached at Hessel Valley & in the aft. we go to the Kane retirement home for the installation of the new chaplain.  Afterwards we'll go out to eat at Papa Nicks in Kane (an Italian restaurant) with Benson's & Hollertz's.  We're looking forward to our visit so much.  See you the 30th in the aft.

No comments:

Post a Comment