Friday, January 28, 2011

Thursday, May 5, 1988

It's a rainy day - I've finished my cleaning so I'll write a note.

(Do you realize the Mets are now in 1st place, 1 game ahead of Pittsburgh!)

Finally wrote a note to Debbie G. thanking her for the picture of Brian.  Also wrote to Millie.

(Did you read the Mets have 7 shut out games, 6 of them being complete games.  Last year they had 7 for the season!)

Barb has completed 2 blouses, is working on a 34d & has a skirt cut out & ready to sew.

(I noticed that Strawberry has a .675 slugging % & Carter is second with .657!)

Can't remember if I wrote I had that tooth pulled & it healed nicely.  Dale went to the dentist but the wisdom tooth is just coming thru, but not enough to pull.

(Strawberry & Carter are tied with 3 other N. Leaguers in homeruns!  They have 7.)

How is your garden growing.  Lar planted onions & broccoli.  He has a big job of landscaping for Blairs in Pleasant Twp.  He works at New Process but isn't related to owner Blair.  Just the shrubs, etc.  Cost Lar $1500.00.  The wife who is very fussy was in Watts & told Kim she is just thrilled with the results.

(Gooden is 6-0 in his starts with complete games.  H e is back in the groove.  Go, Mets, Go!!!)

I could go on & on about the Mets but I don't want the letter torn up Paul, so you miss my news!  What little news there is.

Imagine you got the pictures.  Aren't they "Darling".  (You know Ron!)  Showed them off in church last Sun.


Called Stella & she sounded good.  Rudy has to exercise more & the Dr. changed his medication.


Did you see the full moon on the 1st.  There will be another full moon the 31st.  2 in 1 month.


Dad will be going out soon so I'll end.  We send you our love.

Oh those Mets!  How we love them.

Dad talked to Pastor Risher & all is set.  It is a 9:30 service during the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment