Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Saturday, October 26, 2002


I'll start my letter early to tell you I fixed a complete dinner tonite!  Pork loin, oven fried potatoes, corn, applesauce, rolls AND lemon meringue pie.  I always have dessert on Thursdays.  Dale has ice cream before he goes to bed & I like coffee & cookies or candy after I get the kitchen cleaned up so that is our usual dessert.  The pie is my favorite & it is so good!

Last Friday was our luncheon.  About 12:30 Warren called to say they wouldn't be coming.  Anna was at the Ridgway hospital with her exercise program & her heart started acting up so she was on the way to the hospital in Du Bois.  They told Warren she would be there a couple of days.  The luncheon was just OK.  The two Teds kept up their church discussions.  It got long & we missed Warren & Anna.  Warren is "the life of the party".

We're watching Wi. vs. Mich. State & I'm sure there was groaning because of a couple of bad plays..  They just got a TD -- Wi. did.  In your home, that is.

Last nite I watched the Wi. debate -- Gov. & Doyle.  Barb & I were very impressed with Doyle.  It seemed to me that the Gov. was evasive in his answers & I'm not saying that because JoAnna is campaign manager.  We were both very impressed with J. Doyle's presence.  How are the polls rating the chances?  It won't be long now.  

What do you think of Art Howe being the new manager. That's what the papers say -- it can't be announced til after the World Series.  To me he seems like a mild mannered man -- just the opposite of Bobby.

I got my Christmas Club check today.  So I have money to spend & don't know what to buy.  Hint, hint!

We're changing our mind -- about going to Grove City at this time.  Now we want to go to Erie in 2 weeks on a Friday.  Kim went to Erie last Sunday & Lar went to Nancy & Jay's to watch soccer.  They are all avid fans of soccer.

Sun. the 27th

When I went to bed last nite, I was sure San Fran had won the Series.  It was nice to hear this A.M. that there is a game tonite -- there is still hope.

Last Friday  Ray Forstrum said he had visited Gary Risher & now he is in a wheelchair.  I can't remember the name of his problem but his feet swell & it is hard to walk.  I'm sure he misses the congregation because they are good people to help & now it places them in an odd situation.  We didn't reject him -- he rejected us.

I've had an easy day.  Each one makes his own lunch & since Dale doesn't necessarily want a big meal, we had Pizza Hut pizza & salad, the only thing I had to make.

Diane Himes Darling's youngest had a baby, a boy.  They live in Columbus, O. while her husband goes to school. Chris & his wife have a daughter & are expecting a son in Dec.  He is a pharmacist at Crone's.  Lois showed me a picture in church of the new baby.

I was just reading the Viewpoints section of the Buffalo Sunday paper. Buffalo Democratic mayor is backing the Republican Pataki for Governor.  Of course the Dems are made at him, but he feels Pataki has made a good start & should continue.  I bet he doesn't run for mayor again; if he does it would be hard to get the votes of the Dems.  The article surprised me.  Dale also likes to read this section.

Mon. the 27th

Warren County has a murder.  One Sheffield man shot another Sheffield man.  Drugs were found in the killer's home so maybe it was over drugs.  Both in mid 30s.

This afternoon I walked over town to cash a check for November expenses & then across the street to cash my Christmas Club check.  A nice day for a walk & later on in the week the weather doesn't sound that good.

Finally tried the Schwan brats tonite.  Their recipe said to put frozen shredded home fries on the bottom, then kraut & finally the brats on top.  Barb didn't like the idea of fries covered with kraut.  So I cooked them separately.  Added some olive oil, onion, salt & pepper to the fries -- covered them U& baked them in the oven.  Delicious!  Put the brats on top of the kraut & spinkled brown sugar over the kraut first.  Barb had gotten good rolls & I put my brat in a heated roll & covered it with kraut.  Ummm!  Easy, too.

I was very pleased with the outcome of the World Series.  Stayed up til the last out!  Didn't watch the celebrating.

On Thursday Sheila & Sue will come over to show me their Halloween get up.  They take the day off & visit around:  nursing homes, friends, etc.  So I'll make 3 kinds of cookies & share some with them.  They are very clever in planing their costumes.  Their masks are expensive ones & very real looking.

Tues Oct. 29th -- Thinking back 53 years when Paul was born.  It was a full nursery, many babies born, & your parents were very happy.  My mother was with us & then she went to Portland to visit her brother & wife.  George & Victoria Randolph.  At that time he was a chaplain at Emanuel Hospital.

They finally finished paving 3rd Ave. & just in time as the coming weather doesn't sound very good.  Cooler & chances of now.  Hope it doesn't hit us.

We aren't going grocery shopping til after 4 pm.  Reason at 5 pm Bon Ton starts a sale with prices off items we're interested in.  And this is Dale's late nite.

Thurs the 31

Sheila & Sue were just here in their costumes.  Dressed as motorcycle guy's "babes".  They have soft pig's face masks that are handmade in Buffalo, leather jackets & pants, boots & "tattoos".  Fake of course.  I had cookies for them.  They went to Burger King for lunch & people waited for them to take off their masks but they didn't.  Could eat thru the mask lip openings.  They love Halloween.  Had fun last Saturday night making the rounds.  Got $90.00 in prizes.  Got your letter today but will save comments for next letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment