Saturday, April 16, 2011

Thursday, November 8, 1990

Gov. Casey won in a landslide.  Poor Rep. representation.  And Bowley won by a good amount much to the dismay of the Rep. party.  I voted for Bowley & Dad voted Rep.  Did you notice that a Rep. won the governorship in Mass.  What a surprise.

Barb & I have most of our Christmas shopping completed.  The stores have been having sales & 25 or 30 percents off.  Bon Ton has been busy but I don't think Janick's are doing that good.  They cater to a "higher class" & the average person can't find what they want.  And I'm not the only one that feels that way.  Some wonder if they'll make it.  Have laid off help.

In the picture of the 4 children - the one circled.  Larry said that Bruce was the father!  He had a 1 nite affair with the mother - separated from her husband.  When she found out she was pg. she hurried back to her husband.  The same thing happened with her first husband & 1st son - she was unfaithful.  Lar thinks he looks like Mr. Myers.  They don't know they have a grandson in Wrrn.


I made 2 pies tonite for the bazaar at church tomorrow.  Graham cracker and a choc. pie.  Both look beautiful.

Elsie Yeagle's mother died.  Mrs. Seaquist was 104 years old.

Had my physical yesterday & all is well.  Blood pressure & cholesterol O.K.  The Dr. was surprised my cholesterol is only 185 & he said that was great seeing it had been 305.  Due to medication, & I saw on T.V. last nite that the same medication was tested on men who have had heart attacks & hi blood pressure & it helped & even cleared the blood vessels to a degree.  I had gained 4 lbs. tho.  Oh those coffee breaks!

Darrel Strawberry isn't a Met anymore.  Wonder how he will do with the Dodgers.

Seems like there is something else I wanted to say but I can't remember.  As soon as the envelope is sealed, I'll remember!

I'll mention we got Andy "The Littlest Mermaid" so don't suggest it to anyone unless you want 2 copies!  Didn't get Chutes & Ladders.

This is my 3rd letter so I'm "written out".

No comments:

Post a Comment