Monday, April 11, 2011

Saturday, October 20, 1990

Time to get y our birthday gift off so I'll write a letter & wish you a Very Happy Birthday from all of us.

Our birthdays were good ones.  Once when we were out walking, we stopped in at Turner's & looked at recliner chairs, but they were too large for our area.  So we went to Reliable & found a smaller one that is comfortable, etc.  Later I went & bought the chair & asked for it to be delivered Oct 10th.  Dad was overwhelmed when he saw it, & he is enjoying it.


The yellow chrysanthemum plant is still very pretty & we are enjoying its beauty.

Signe & Geo. called & they sound good & keep going.  It is Signe's colon but she doesn't say much.  June says it's serious so I hope it isn't cancer.

In Lila's card she wrote that Gen predicted you'd have a girl on the 15th, Grandpa N.'s birthday.  When Dad's cousin's son & wife were expecting Gen told them "you already have 5 granddaughters, so I predict you'll have a grandson on May 23rd & it turned out to be true.  So if this should be true, JoAnna won't like it as it means waiting 10 more days.  Time will tell!

Denise Johnson got married again to a Wm Winslow.  Not much improvement on the 1st husband.

Mr. Bonace fell off a ladder & broke his arm & had 4 stitches in the forehead.  It was a new alum. stepladder & it was just crushed - after the fall outside.

Mr. Holder is full of cancer.

Mr. Africa had a hip replacement & Ed Ryberg has to have a hip replacement.

I just read a great book "The Gift of Asher Lev" by Chaim Potok & it was so good.  But I got the cart before the horse - now I'll have to read "My Name is Asher Lev".

I've been reading more mysteries lately & have found some new authors.

The new dept store is opened but I haven't been there yet even tho I have a gift certificate there.  Bon Ton does a lot more advertising in the Warren paper now.

Are you surprised by the outcome of the first 3 World Series games.  We are- I thought it might be the other way around.  But I'm a National Leaguer so I'm happy.  Too many changes from one year to the next for a dynasty.

Time to watch the game.  We'll call next Sat or Sun to wish you Happy Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment