Saturday, February 5, 2011

May 1989

We're watching the Mets & even if they "stink" I can't give up on them.  Maybe they'll get going one of these days.

Paula Carey [neighbors' daughter] graduated from college; will be working in Philly, but now is on a month's tour of Europe.  A gift from her folks.  When she saw Kim she said "What have you done to Larry - he's so think & he's losing his hair."  Kim was a little upset & then Paula said "I bet his mom is mad."  I laughed when Kim told us this.  Larry is the same as ever - I don't think he's thin.  He's very busy with extra summer work.

Barb gave me an impatient hanging basket & we put it on the front porch.  We noticed birds flying around it & today when I went to water it, a bird flew out and scared me.  Later we checked on it & there is a nest in it & the bird is sitting on 5 eggs.  Now I'll be afraid to water the plant.  It is a small sparrow-like bird.

I planted some flowers by the side of the house & by the garage.  It got cold last nite. Marigolds by the side of the house.

Last Sun nite we were at First Luth for the Ordination of their new asst pastor.  A woman who is a native of Germany - her folks still in Germany.  We were impressed with her.  A beautiful service.

This month we're going out to eat with our friends on a Mon. nite - next Mon. - & we're going to the Flying @ Ranch at Kellettville.  None of us have been there but those who have say it's nice.


How are things with you & our darling grandson.  We miss you.


All is fine here.

No comments:

Post a Comment