Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thursday, February 16, 1989

Thanks so much for the Valentine, Andy.  I know you had fun making it.  Did you have a fun party at Day Care?

Jo Anna, we noticed how much your & Paul's handwriting is similar.  At first I tho't the note was written by Paul.  Even Barbara agreed.

Last nite Barb baby sat for Lauri & she told Barb that she & rick are having problems.  I think they "bit off more than they can chew" when they bo't the Shaw House in Sheffield.

Last Sat. afternoon we went to Benson's cottage for a winter picnic.  It was only Benson's, Hollertz's & us there & we had fun.  Had to walk a ways from where we parked the cars & in spots the snow was deep.  We had steaks cooked over a wood stove fire & they were good.  Even used the "Out House" & I'll tell you, it was a quick trip.  At our March get together we'll go to the Warren Holiday Inn.  We enjoy going there.

After I get my hair done at Penney's, I like to walk around the Mall & I saw a dress I really liked at BonTon but it was on the expensive side.  The following week, after much thought, I bought the dress.  It is a navy & white print, shirt waist style so it will last for years so it's worth it & I really like it.  You'll see it in May.  Dad has received info on the reunion at Augustana.

Katherine Peterson is here talking to Dad about her retirement - how she should have it, etc. invested.  She retires the end of March.  Allie was 97 the first part of Feb.  Katherine is on her way to visit her mother.

Baseball will soon be here - can hardly wait.  I think Bill White will make a fine N. L. president.

Our now is just about one.

It's 9:15 AM & 15 outside & we just returned from a brisk walk.  Only went 1 mile today as it was cold on the face & legs.  Now I'm warming up with coffee & Carl has hot chocolate.  We felt the need for a walk -- need to clear the cobwebs from the mind!  Think we'll go to the Mall - they are having President's Day sales.

The pastor at St. Paul got a 4 yr old Plymouth Van & loves it.  Whoever had it kept it in perfect conditions.  Same color as ours but not all the nice features we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment