Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Saturday, November 5, 1988

I'm watching the Pitt-Rutgers game & Pitt leads.  But such weather to play in, altho it's warm.  Lots of rain & mud.  Lots of water in the school yard.

Just finished a letter to Gen.

Got an invite to Ford & June's 50th wedding anniversary the 25th of Nov. but we won't make it.

Dad's 50th reunion at Augie will be May 20 + 21 & we'll visit you after that & also Rkfd.

We got our Christmas Club checks this past week & we've done well on our shopping.  The boxes are piling up in our bedroom.  Soon we'll have to warp them.  Went to Erie last Tues.


I found a new author Alexandra Ripley.  She wrote "Charleston" & I think it's "The Return to Charleston", which I read first.  Yesterday I got "Charleston" & a book by Susan Howatch "Glittering Images", which I started & should be interesting.


I try to make a menu for the week ahead & this week I plan to try a hamburg casserole from your Library cookbook.  There are 2 interesting ones.  I'll try the one that calls for both creamed & whole kerneled corn, plus soups.  Made a pumpkin pie today, my favorite.  Last week I made a delicious soup using beef cubes, lots of veggies, kidney beans, chili powder, etc.

Levinson's & Betty Lee's are having sales but they haven't knocked that much off the prices.  In fact Kim had been watching a certain piece of furniture & the first day of the sale she went in to see the price & they had upped the price & then put it down - but the new price was more than the price before the sale.   They are foxy!  She was disgusted & asked "How Come?"

Are you going to take Andy to swee Santa Claus - perhaps have his picture taken with him as they do here.

There have been a series of rapes in Warren but in this AM paper only 2 are legit & 3 girls are in trouble with the law for lying to the police.  2 were suppose to have taken place in the Mall parking lot & the 3rd forced into a car at gunpoint & taken to Wash. Park.

When I wrote to Gen, I mentioned we'd like to visit them next fall.

Guess I'll get back to my library book.

Will I be glad when elections are over.  Benn watching Canadian news to escape our politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment