Wednesday, September 29, 2010

March 1983

No school today - our last "snow day" so I think we will be going to Bradford.  We got up early and went to the hosp. as I had seen the Dr. a couple of weeks ago and he wanted me to have a blood test to see if I have enough potassium in my system.  Was glad to get that over with.  Guess I can be thankful that I have a Dr. who is concerned and thoro.

Dad has preached 2 Sun. at Ludlow-Sheffield now.  Next Sun. we go to the Valley [Hessel Valley Lutheran Church in Chandlers Valley].  Maybe he won't be preaching too long at L-S. as they will have a senior seminarian with them next Sun. and will extend a call if all goes well.  He would take over in June, most likely, but we will have "made" our vacation money.  It is nice going there as the people are gracious and friendly, and appreciate, to quote some, "a good sermon".

Not too much going on around here.  A couple of Fri. ago we were to Mel and Levina's for dinner.  I had given her a new recipe for a casserole and she tried it on us and her brother Wally and wife Millie.  It was good.  Made with sauerkraut and corned beef.  And Wally gave them homemade sauerkraut.  We had an enjoyable evening.

Dad has been washing the car as some cat had walked on it with dirty paws.  We are looking forward to the new car -- it will come the end of the month.

Karen S.'s husband Rick was here for a test and interview for a boro job.  [A job with the 'borough' of Warren.]  They would like to get out of the big city (Phile) and to a small town.  Rose [Karen's mother and a good friend of Mom's] would be happy, too.

Larry has been enjoying the company of a twiced [sic] divorced gal with 2 kids!!!  He was there for dinner yesterday as one of the ex's had the children.  He and Bob Moran Jr. went to the big fish smorgasbord at the Holiday Inn a couple weeks ago and Lar said he planned to take this gal to the next one.  15.95 each.   I asked him when he was going to bring her home to meet us.  She works at Loringer's.  She stopped by his place for lunch one day last week and Lar was lucky to have received some of a casserole made at Crary's so she shared that.  He isn't serious tho to quote Lar.

This Sat. nite we will go to the Valley as they are having a soup social that nite.  I will bring cookies for dessert.  It will be homemade soup.

I got a soup bone and decided to make soup for supper tonite so it is simmering on the stove and already smells good.  We have made use of the soup tureen and bowls you gave me and we like them a lot.

We are counting down the days left at school and it is under 60 now.  The end of Mar. will be Easter vacation then just April and May.  In Apr. 22-24 I will be going to a union convention at the Pittsburgh Airport Motel. There will be 11 of us going.  They have all the officers for the May election with the exception of Pres. and I don't care to run again but in a way I feel obligated if no one will take it.  Maybe at the last moment someone will change their minds and accept.  I don't care to be pres.  Too close to retirement and I don't have the drive I should have for the office.

All is well with us.

(Enclosures)

No comments:

Post a Comment