Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sunday, September 17, 1978

We are having a rainy Sun. and football is on TV.  Watching Atlanta vs Cleveland.  Pittsburgh isn't on but they tell the scores and last time they mentioned it they were ahead of Cinn. 14-0.  But in baseball Boston is doing awful and N.Y. can't seem to make a mistake.  Wonder how it will all turn out - I won't root for the Yankees.  Guess L.A. will be my team as I don't think the Pirates will make it.

Dad had 2 baptisms at the service, Diane Hime's little girl and Rod Seymour's son.  He married the Bjorkquist girl and I can't think of her name.  After the service 4 of the youth were baptized.  Alice Greenlund's 2 sons.  They used to go to the Nazarene church and they just have dedication there.  And Lori and Brian Scarpo - their grandmother is Violet Seaquist.  At 1 p.m. another new baby was baptized.  There have been a number of baptisms this year.  So dad has a busy a.m.

We got your letter yesterday and the map.  They should have no trouble finding your place.  They hope to leave at 5 p.m. and I suppose they will have to plan on 12 hours at least.  It will be cooler driving and 3 drivers will help.  Barb put a deposit on the Uhaul and they will get it on Mon. and start packing.  Barb is getting excited about her move.

From left to right:  Donald Carlson, Carl Nelson, Stella (Nelson) Carlson, 
Carolyn (Swanson) Weller holding son Paul, Ken Weller, 
Signe (Nelson) Swanson, Marion Nelson, George Swanson, Paul Nelson

Barb got the pictures she took at the lake, not the slides.  They look so nice.  Some darling ones of Marie and the group the last nite is good.  You should see the one of you with Marie.  You make a nice looking daddy!!!!!!!  The ones of you and Carolyn's baby didn't come out and neither did the ones of Carolyn, Ken and Paul.  Not enuf light according to Barb.


We got the Christmas catalogue from Sears as well as the one from Dahlkemper so I have some dreaming to do but haven't had time.  Had to work on my lesson for Bible class this a.m. and Tues. nite I'm leader for circle study.  But I did manage to read a darling book:  ALL THINGS BRIGHT AND BEAUTIFUL by James Herriot.  He is an English Vet and it tells of his experiences with the animals and it is really good.


We got paid Fri. for only 2 days and was I disappointed when my paycheck was only $7.09 as they took $30.00 out for Credit Union.  Usually they don't take it until the end of Sept. when the check is so small.  Oh well it is good to save and my next paycheck will be a good one as it will cover 11 days.

Barb got more material during Sidewalk sales so is busy sewing.  She doesn't have a machine so she has to use mine and get the stitching parts completed.  She will want to get her own machine I'm sure.  She has some darling outfits.  I told Judy (Chile) about Barb's sewing so Thurs. nite when she takes me home after our lesson I'm going to ask her to come in and see Barb's outfits.  She is interested in the sewing.  Everytime she takes me home Alexandra wants to come in.

I'm trying to get my poinsettia plant to bloom and to do that you have to cover it so it is away from the light.  I cover it and then forget to uncover it before I go to work so it stays covered.  I'll let you known if I'm successful....in getting it to bloom.  Guess I'll inherit Barb's plants.  We just switched the channels and will watch Boston - N.Y. games.

Work is fine but we have a busy week coming up.  I go to the dentist on Tues. for a check up.  All is well with us.  It was nice to talk to you and to read your letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment