Thursday, December 12, 2013

Sunday, October 16, 2005


I was talking to Dick Hause after church.  They are football & baseball fans & Dick said Oct. is the best month for sports.  World Series& football.  We just watched Pittsburgh get beat (good grammar?) & now Buffalo is on the screen.  I'll also turn to baseball.

I had a nice birthday.  We enjoyed our dinner at Chiodo's.  They have a no smoking section & it was full.  Ed O'Neill was there with his wife celebrating an older couple's anniversary.  He is a big guy. It always amazes me how many people Lar & Kim know when we are out.

Barb gave me a black purse; Kim & Lar gave me lottery tickets but I didn't win much.  Dale gave me automatic car door openers but first he has to put in a part to make them work.  2 of them so Barb & I will appreciate that.  I mentioned I tho't that was a nice thing to have & now we'll have it.  Lar & Kim have it on their car.

Because of siring heating prices Dale doubled what he gives me every payday.  I have been using that money as a Christmas club.  I have envelopes for my budget so I know what I'm doing.

After church today I put the electric blanket on my bed.  I'll be warmer now when I get into bed.

We plan to go to Jamestown this week -- most likely on Fri.

I finished my puzzle & Barb started one today.  She said I can work on it.

Barb ordered a cake for my birthday but she ordered 1/2 sheet cake instead of 1/4.  So I put half of it in the freezer & we still have plenty to eat.  She'll take some for Scott & Bob.  It is a good tasting cake.

Mon A.M. Oct 17

Barb cut out & instructed me to enclose the clippings from the Buff. Sun. paper.




I saw the Dr. last Fri.  Blood pressure very good & all else is fine. Got a flu shot.

Yesterday Dale put the "thing" that helps close the front screen door.  Barb had taken it off for painting.  He also planed the top of the door as it stuck a bit.  Dad installed the screen door & it didn't please Dale.  Something was in the way to make it perfect. People who get their cars worked on by Dale get an A-One job performed.

Tues. Oct 18

This A.M. Alice Nasman called me & she talked for an hour.  She wasn't in church Sun. as she wasn't feeling good.  At the end of 1 hour she said thanks for talking to me -- I don't have anyone to talk to.  She has a sister but she isn't well & doesn't want to burden her. Think I wrote that Wayne went to school to work on motorcycles & got a job in Erie.  They aren't busy during the winter so he was laid of.  Alice has to be careful because of her heart.  If I can hep by listening so be it.

This A.M., I washed the kitchen floor with a new mop.  It is a wider sponge & so easy to use.  I'm glad I got it.l

I ordered, from L. L. Bean, 2 pr. pants & a shirt for Lar.  One pr. of pants is flannel lined he likes for colder weather.  They were Kim's suggestion.  I showed the jeans (twill) to Dale & he likes them, color & all.  Olive color.  I saw a sweater at L. L. Bean I like & plan to order it as well as pants for Dale.  Sat. nite getting ready to go out to eat, Dale said "I guess I'll have to get some new clothes."  Was surprised to hear him say that.  Usually he receives clothes for gifts.  He needs to weed some clothes he never wears from his closet & give them to Goodwill.  But he hates to party with anything.

Thurs. Oct 20

Tonite I fixed oven fried chicken.  I had gotten 2 acorn squash, sliced them.  Put the slices in a dish & poured melted butter & maple syrup over them.  It was very good -- Larry loved the veggie. I did too.  Of course I baked them.  Apple crisp for dessert.

Wed. Bon Ton had a 2 day sale -- Wed & Thurs -- so we went to the Mall & did more Christmas shopping.  When I call for your birthday I'll want some suggestions for Christmas ideas!  I'll still send money for Christmas.

I'll mail this when we go to Jamestown tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment