Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Saturday, September 24, 2005


I thought it would be nice to go out to eat tonite, being it is Dale's last nite of vacation.  It didn't work out.  I gave Dale a choice of leftover Swiss steak from Wed nite or chicken & rice form Thurs nite.  Or spaghetti.  He chose the chicken-rice, I had the Sw steak & Barb fixed herself a Mexican meal.  So I still didn't have to fix a meal, just a salad.  We've been watching the President's Cup golf between U.S. players & international players.  Very interesting.  Tied at 11-11.  Partners against partners & if they win they get 1 point.  Fun to watch.

I guess library work can be interesting when some "nut" stats in on your library.  How could she pass a mental test?  How come she is in Wi. when she had problems in Cal.  Is she from Wi?

I'm watching the Mich-Wis game.  Go Wisconsin!

Will Andy be going to the homecoming dance this year.

You mentioned Elsa Redding's picture being in the paper a lot.  Remember Nelson & Mary Helen Johnson from church.  She is their daughter & she had a twin brother.  She is divorced from her husband -- they have a couple of children, grown children.

I've also been glued to the Weather Channel watching Rita hit Texas.

Can you believe that it will be Oct. by the end of next week.  Time to go to the bank again for monthly expenses.

Sept 27 - Tues.

Yesterday it rained most of the day.  1.8" & we got a little water in the basement.  We got groceries this A.M. & then went to the Mall for a few things.  I get my paper goods at the Dollar Store, then to look around Big Lots, to KMart & home.  It is Dale's late day so I fix a bigger lunch.  Usually pancakes, sausage & eggs.  His dessert is yogurt.  And a snack for later.

In the aft. I put some summer clothes in the attic & took winter or fall clothes down to my room.

On Discovery Health Channel, I just watched emergency ambulance & it was in New York City & it was very interesting.  No one stops for the siren.  Must be an interesting job.

Barb helps Scott with his homework.  They are working on the transitive & intransitive.  He has to find out which sentences are transitive or intransitive.  Barb tries to explain it to me & I'm glad I'm an old lady & don't have to go thru that.  Scott will put anything down just to get it finished.  Same in math so she checks his homework to make sure he knows what he is doing.  If he gets thru school it will be because of Barb working with him.  Bob & Lynn are too tired at nite to help him.   You need a lot of patience working with Scott.

We watch the Weather Channel a lot & get to know the announcers.  Jim Cantori is in when there are hurricanes, blizzards, etc.  He has always worn a wedding ring.  I was surprised when Dale mentioned "Jim C isn't wearing a wedding ring anymore."  I didn't think he'd notice anything like that.

Fri A.M. the 30th

Brr, it's cold this A.M.  39.  It is suppose to warm up so I didn't turn the heat on.  So far the gas bill hasn't gone up.

Kim gets a little disgusted with Betsy Moran.  She complains a lot.  Said she'll have to keep the heat at 58.  Her husband works at United & he plans to retire in a year.  His car & gas are provided by United so Kim said wait til you husband is retired.  No more free car & gas & with gas as high as it is, that will be a shocker.  Betsy has an inherited income which must be good, as that is what bro. Jim lives on plus no children, a husband with a good job, etc. etc.  One of the teachers they walk with lives from paycheck to paycheck, paying for a house.  Some people are never happy.  Betsy hates the house they live in -- it was his parents' home.  But they remodeled & Kim says it is a lovely home.

We're going to the bank, CVS, etc. after I get my hair done.  Until next time.

P.S.  Will comment on the Rockford epistle next letter.  It is wonderful.  Will you share it with cousins?  Bet they like to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment