Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Tuesday, April 12, 2005


This A.M. I got my ironing done.  Then I dusted downstairs & washed the living room windows, inside & out.  The easiest windows to wash.  Now they shine.

Got a call from Millie at noon.  I told you I got her earrings & a necklace & she called to thank me.  I'm the only one of the 4 girls to have pierced ears.  I like to live dangerously!  She told me about the outfit she will wear for her birthday dinner.  She  will look real nice all dressed up.  She likes clothes & knows how to look nice, even at 90.  She still tires easily but is feeling much better.


I'm glad Ed did well at the geography bee.  You mentioned where you ate, at "Ella's Deli", a place for young children.  And you wrote "based on this visit, I think it will be another 7 or 8 years before we return."  My question is this.  "Will that be when you are grandparents & taking the "babies" there?  You left yourself open for that one.  Andy will be out of college by then & Ed in college.  Old enough to be married.  I better quit while I'm ahead!  I couldn't help myself!


Dale told me he really liked the German choc. cake I made for his birthday.  That's nice to know & I'll make one again.

Barb has started flowers & veggies from seeds.  She puts them out each day & because the nights are cold, she puts them in the garage overnite.   Seeds aren't cheap but we spend more if we have to buy the flowers later on.  I hope she is successful.

Dale liked the shirt & pants I gave him. Kim asked if we were going out to eat for the birthdays.  Nothing was planned yet, but we will go out to eat.

We went to the library last Fri & I got 4 books.  "Plain Jane" by Fern Michaels & I enjoyed it a lot.  3 new authors, 2 of which are authors I read about in the newspaper concerning mystery authors.  The other I found in the Oldie & Goodie section.  Diana Palmer's "Renegade" & I liked it.  Started Barbara Neely's "Blanche Cleans Up".  I started it but it was taking so long to get to the point I gave up.  And not because she is a black author.  Just couldn't get into it.  The last was wacky but I finished it.  "Maggody in Manhattan" by Joan Hess.  Don't think I'll get any others of hers.

Wed. the 13th

Can't remember if I've asked this but it's been in my mind.  Has Andy applied for a summer job?  Can he work at the same job as last summer?

I smiled to myself when you said you stayed up til Andy came home.  The only times I couldn't sleep was when Dale went out & didn't get home til the early morning hours.  I'd go to bed but found it hard to sleep until I heard his car drive in.  Then all was OK until the next time.  Thank goodness those days are gone forever.

Tomorrow I'm making a strawberry rhubarb pie.  Found some frozen rhubarb.  It's Larry's favorite.  I really like the recipe that uses eggs so it's more of a creamy filling.  Next time I'll make it how I like it.  Found a recipe for rhubarb apple pie & that sounded good.

I've been watching D.C. at the Braves & I love it.  The Braves are losing -- 2 outs in the 9th. Braves mgr. got thrown out in the 1st inning.  They got whipped 11-4.

I've been lazy today -- not doing much.  Guess that's not too unusual.  I'm a lazy old lady & I don't push myself.

Fri A.M.

I'm set to get my hair done but it's too early to go.

My strawberry rhubarb pie was OK.  The sugar & flower mixture didn't melt & that spoiled it. It tasted good.  I'm not sure if I'll try it again.

You get the news from the paper but the Conewango Motel has been sold & will open by summer.  I hope it will be successful.

Things dry out fast.  They now have a county wide burning ban.

The closing grade schools will have an open house so past students can have a last look. Dale said he still remembers what it looks like.

We love our beautiful spring weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment