Monday, September 23, 2013

Tuesday, May 5, 2005


Last week I got a letter from John & it surprised me.  Told me about Fe (pronounced Fay) his Philipino girlfriend & sent pictures of their trip to Aruba.  John looks very happy.  He wears glasses now & in one picture you could be brothers, except he carries more weight & has a fuller face.  He took Gen to a day care center but she didn't like it.  He is still keeping the farm up & 2 of his buddies help him.  He has planted 2000 Christmas trees in back of the house that was his grandparents.  It will be several years before they are grown.  Gen would have a git if she knew they were together in Aruba.  Now John has freedom & is better off.

I called Millie east Sat.  That was the day of the family birthday party.  She is feeling fine again.  Allan, knowing she had lost her appetite,lbro't her chicken soup, turkey soup, spag. & meat balls & chili -- he had made them all.  He is 63 & retired.  Is pres. of the "Friends of the Library" (they live in Westfield) & has sponsored several parties to make money.  One in their backyard & it was a beer tasting party & Allan had made finger food to go with it.

I finally got 3 boxes of Schwans chicken thru Sheila.  He said he would stop at the house last Sat. but he didn't.  Hope he does sometime.

We went to Erie & I thin kit will be my last trip.  Too much walking & I like to stay near Barb so it is hard to shop for what is on my list.  Jamestown is better for me.  We wish a Target would come in the area somewhere.

I was ironing last week & my iron quit.  Dale looked at it & fixed it so I won't need to get a new one.

My 2nd blueberry pie came out better -- the crust around the edge wasn't as thick.  I cut it away as I should have done with the 1st one.  Now I have to get the cut out in the top crust centered so it looks better.  It is a good recipe & taste good.

We are looking forward to tomorrow.  Why?  Warmer weather & sunshine are on the way!  Oh happy day.  The furnace has been running to keep us warm when it's in the 30's outside.

The doorbell rang this A.M. & it was the new Schwan man -- they got someone to take the route.  He'll come every other Tues.

Sat. nite we are invited to Lar & Kim's camp to celebrate Mother's Day.  It should be in the hi 60's, so we can be outside.

We went to the library yesterday & I got 4 books.  2 by Fern Michaels, 1 by Karen Robards, 1 by Mary Baloch.

I got an invitation to Ted & Pat Benson's 50th wedding anniversary party in June.  I think it is the 50th of his ordination as well.  In June sometime.

Thurs. May 4

Yesterday I decided to try to finish my second book.  So at 7 A.M. (Dale's early week) I started reading for an hour.  When I looked at the clock it was close to 8:15.  I shut the book & did dishes & then got dressed, etc.  Read some more & finished the book.  Started dinner rolls & finished them after lunch.  Baked a pie shell for the banana cream pie I made this A.M.  A new recipe I got in the Sun. paper.  You fold whipping cream into the custard.  It looks good.

Barb was up early yesterday so she could be at Lynn's at 11:30 to help Scott (who didn't go to school) write a book report on Tom Sawyer which is due tomorrow.  She had to go to Bert's first.  Lynn said she'd see that Scott read the book, but she never did.  She tanked Barb many times for helping Scott.  I asked her if she will be helping him thru the high school years.  They are pushing the kids so they'll do well on the 8th grade tests.  My high school subjects must seem like pap in regard to what they learn today.

Yesterday aft. I started the 3rd book & finished it this A.M.  No TV last night.  I really admire authors who can write books that make one want to read til it's finished.  I just wish I could spread my reading time out.  One more book to go.  I'll have to try to save it for a couple of days.

It warmed up today & was so nice.

Lar tilled the garden for Barb.

Will enclose John's letter & a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment