Saturday, June 4, 2011

Sunday, May 9, 1993

Thanks for the bouquet of flowers.  They are in a basket & are so pretty.  Kim especially liked the basket.  I liked the cards, too.  Kim & Lar took us out to dinner (Barb & Dale went) at Cable Hollow.  A buffet & it was good.  That's where we'll go on Sun the 5th.  We'll have a side room & we'll be 15.  Was pleased to hear Paul & boys would be home but disappointed to hear JoAnna can't make it.  You'll be missed.  Dale got me a hanging basket, Barb got me a pretty pink sweat shirt with a design on the front.

After we talked to you Dad called Ruth to tell her about the arrangements he has made & Ruth said seeing they're coming so far they decided to stay a week.  They'll come in on Thurs. & leave the following Thurs.  The summer schedule starts in June so the service starts at 9:30 A.M. followed by a coffee hour & then we go to Cable Hollow for a 1 pm reservation.  I just hope for a week of nice weather.

After dinner this aft. we came home for Lar's birthday cake as Kim tho't she couldn't be here on Tues. but she can, as there is no track meet.  Since I had the cake made we celebrated & will have the birthday dinner on Tues.  Kim wanted to get him a pull cart for his golf bag so we went in on it with her.  He was pleased & they left to play 9 holes of golf with another couple.

Barb cleaned the porch Sat. & the porch furniture & we sat out there last nite & I was out there after the birthday cake.

Forgot to say I made a carrot cake & it is good.  The recipe has crushed pineapple in it & that adds a lot.

We've got the house cleaned & I'm glad of that.

Dad sent for a new golf club - a driver & it came this past week & he is anxious to get to use it.  Dan
Greendahl got a new driver to so I hope they can go out soon.  I think they're similar to a "Big Bertha".  Paul, maybe you & Dad can play one day.  You could use Lar's clubs.

The Mets are terrible & I'm wondering who'll get fired first - the manager or the general mgr, or both!  Interesting - they can't even beat the Marlins, except for Gooden.  But they're still my team - thru thick or thin!

I read a book by Dominick Dunne - "People Like Us" if I remember the title & enjoyed it.  Plan to read more of his books.

Guess I've covered all that's been happening here.  Barb earned $350.00 that week she stayed with Lynn's grandmother.  Scottie was brought over there during the day.  She was there from Wed with no time off.  The grandmother is in her 80's & very forgetful.  So Barb has decided to get contact lenses.

School is out there the 10th of June.  Kim has enjoyed teaching.  She expects her twin Aunts over Memorial Day.  One is married & her husband will be here as well.  The other one has been divorced.  Finally good by for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment