Friday, June 10, 2011

Wednesday, September 8, 1993

I'm taking "five" after cleaning upstairs.

It's much cooler so I guess summer is over & fall is in the air.  I don't mind that.

We're really getting blueberries from the bushes Lar planted many years ago.  T hey are good.  But instead of a blueberry pie, I'm in the mood for pumpkin pie.

I've found some new authors.  Finished Bird Cage by Victor Canning & liked it.  Others are Susan Dunlap, Dorothy Cannell.  It thought I lost my library card, got a new one & then found the one I tho't I'd lost so now I have 2.  Is that illegal Paul?

Also I've been enjoying reruns of Matlock at 10 AM & 12:30 pm.

We didn't do much on Labor Day.  Bob Vila was on A&E all day (7AM - 8PM) so I watched most of it - a complete program of building a house in New England & the renovation of a graystone apt. in Chicago.  It was fascinating & the results so beautiful.

Dad's been scraping parts of the house for painting & found some spots where the siding needs to be replaced.  So he's on his way to the lumber yard for what he needs.  Hope we have a nice Fall as it takes him longer to get things done now but at least he is trying.

Another reason I like the cooler weather is it's easier to use the tread mill.  We are still faithful in using it.

Fri A.M. I see Dr. Fino for a check up.  No problems.  The following week I see Dr. McNett for my annual physical.  Can't think of any problems.

Edna had a nice 80th birthday.  I called her & she is doing all right.  Naturally she tired easily.  She was watering plants when I called & earlieri she had watered the lawn.

Baseball is soon over & it can't be soon enough for the Mets but we're still faithful to them!!!

All is fine here.

[Enclosures]

No comments:

Post a Comment