Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Monday, January 1, 1985 (to JoAnna)

Please excuse the typewritten letter but it is easier for me to type letters.  And then it looks like I didn't even get the paper even at the top.

Thank you so much for the book you gave us for Christmas  It looks so interesting and it will get good use as at the Christmas Season our circle at church has each member read something regarding the season and this will give me much material.  I read one story by Ring Lardner and enjoyed it very much.

We enjoyed the holidays but we missed Paul and Barb but feel lucky that Larry and Dale are in Warren.  We had company so that made it more festive.  We also enjoyed some extra special programs on TV, especially the Public TV channel.  Plus lots of football.

Tomorrow I don't have to get up and go to work and that is such a good feeling.  Have enjoyed my work and the women but it is so nice not to have to get up and now Carl and I can go as we please.  This a.m. I said we'll start the year right by going out for breakfast - went to Perkins and it was so crowded so many had the same idea.  We thought the Perkins in Oshkosh was very nice when we ate there.

One of the teachers who retired last June was at school with a gift for me - a darling cookie jar.  He was always around looking for broken cookies and he enjoyed the cookies so I will always remember him.  Then I received 2 Christmas centerpieces - one signed "the cookie monster" and that was another teacher who came for cookies and would take the frozen ones if none other were available.  My coworkers will have a retirement party in Jan. sometime.  They didn't want it in connection with our Christmas party so I have something to look forward to.

We finally have a bird feeder outside our eating area window and they finally discovered it and it is so much fun to watch them eat and fight over the birdseed.

We are getting lots of rain.  Had 1 snowstorm but it didn't last.  Hear that parts of Wisc. are getting snow so I wonder if you'll be able to go skiing.

Our best wishes for the new year.  Hi to Paul, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment