Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday, January 28, 1990

Have on my list of things to do "write letters" & that's what I'm doing.

Wrote a letter to Sig & Geo as they sent us money for our Anniv.

We're having a touch of spring & went to Erie today.  Mostly window shopping - I bot a blouse & navy purse & Dad bot a belt.  Ate at the Brown Derby.  In one of the stores we saw Sylvia Yosten & they are going to N. Carolina to Visit Max & meet her boyfriend.  She expects a diamond on Valentine's.  Max is very happy & can't believe she'd meet such a nice man.  He is a Baptist pastor's son.  Max works in a V.A. Hosp. & so does he & he also teaches nights.  Both Barb & I wondered how much she told him about her stay in Calif.  I'm glad for Max - she's a nice person.

With the money from Sig & Geo we got blinds for the eating area as we wanted more privacy from the school yard & now we can keep the sun out & still have the light.

We got groceries today & when we got home I found a pkg of "Little Debbie" cookies & I didn't buy them.  So someone was short of their "Little Debbie's"  They taste pretty good.

Has a definite date been set yet for the dedication of the library.  I'd like to know as I like to plan ahead.

Barb is baby sitting tonite.  A couple who are taking ski lessons at Peak N Peak.

We had a nice anniversary & were really completely surprised with the gift.  Nothing nicer could have been chosen as we really enjoy the front porch in the summer.  And it is such comfortable furniture.  We will enjoy it for a long time.

For our anniversary we got a new toaster oven & the thermal coffee maker & I really like ti.  And the new toaster oven works much better than the old one.

I sure do hope that spring training will start on time & that they won't have a strike.  I'm baseball starved & need a fix!!!  The Mets will do it!  Ha!Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment